Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/chorizo-baked-eggs/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Saucy Chorizo Skillet Baked Eggs
- 1 lb. chorizo sausage, casing removed (see note)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1-15 ounce can diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1-15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot add chorizo until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Add oil and onion and and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring often until softened.
- Add diced tomato, salt and pepper, cumin, paprika, and beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Remove from heat and using a spoon, make 4 indentations in the mixture for the eggs.
- Gently crack in eggs sprinkle with salt.
- Place skillet in oven and let bake for 15-18 minutes until eggs whites are cooked through.
- You can also use the fully cooked chorizo sausage here. Dice it up and cook it until it is fully heated through and then proceed to the next step.
- This recipe was updated on 4/24/19 to reflect a more streamlined process and it eliminated the addition of bacon in the original recipe.
Loading nutrition data...