Creamy Peppermint Coconut Cups (Keto-Friendly)
These Creamy Peppermint Coconut Cups are the perfect treat to have in the fridge! They are chocolate-y, peppermint-y, and coconut-y! They are keto-friendly, too! Perfect keto cups!
Creamy Peppermint Coconut Cups
This weekend was really really something else! We got ENGAGED!
Before I share with you the most perfect little recipe, I’ll tell you a gist of the story 🙂 My mom and my brother came into town to celebrate Mike’s mom’s 60th birthday, or so I thought. On Sunday morning after the party, Jax came into the bed with a card and a bow tucked into his collar and Mike with the GoPro strapped to his head. He told me he found a card when shopping for his mom’s, and to go ahead and read it. Half disheveled from a late night and just waking up, I read the sweetest card with Jax snuggling up at my side, and Mike fidgeting next to me. The card was left open ended so I looked up at Mike and that was when he took out the box with the ring inside and asked me to marry him. It was the most amazing moment ever and so beyond perfect. In our home, with our puppy, and with my family there to celebrate! I feel so lucky.
With our families celebrating on 3/15/2015. Check out our backyard engagement party here.
Now that you’ve heard the story, let’s move on to the recipe of the day! Creamy Peppermint Coconut Cups. These make the absolute perfect little treat. Of course, I threw in some peppermint extract for good measure for St. Patrick’s Day tomorrow.
I made another batch when we had family over last weekend with the extra coconut butter mixture. SO. GOOD. Everyone was a fan.
I love having these in the fridge for whenever I want a little something after dinner. I also sprinkled mine with coarse malden sea salt because chocolate + sea salt is just the greatest combination.
Creamy Peppermint Coconut Cups
- Heat chocolate over the stove or using your desired method.
- In your high-speed blender, blend coconut and oil until the mixture becomes soft and butter-like texture. This will take a number of minutes. Keep going! Be patient- this make take anywhere from 7-15 minutes depending on your blender. The longer you blend the creamier it will be. Add additional coconut oil if mixture is extremely dry, although 1 tablespoon *should* be plenty.
- Add in the maple syrup and extract of choice.
- Spoon in a small spoonful of chocolate into your mini baking cups.
- Roll coconut mixture into a 1/2-1 inch ball and drop in the center of the cup- continue until all cups have coconut inside.
- Spoon in remaining chocolate to cover the coconut in the cups.
- Optional: Sprinkle with sea salt and/or top with an almond.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Star Market. The opinions and text are all mine.
March 16, 2015
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!