Easy Edamame Salad
Edamame Salad with Feta and Cherries
For years my mother-in-law has been serving up a similar edamame salad at family gatherings. It such a refreshing and simple side dish! The edamame pairs so well with the tangy feta and sweet cherries or cranberries. It tastes as fresh as it looks and is the perfect dish to serve as a side or even as a light dinner. She generally throws it together with no real recipe, so I thought it was time to whip one up for you!
What’s in it?
- Shelled Edamame (I buy frozen and cook as directed on the stove-top)
- Dried Cranberries or Dried Cherries
- Feta Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt + Pepper + Garlic Powder/Granules
- Slivered Almonds (optional, but adds a great crunch)
- Fresh Herbs (if you have them!)
What to Know About Edamame
Edamame is an immature soybean, harvested when it’s still green. While they can be found still in their pod, the most common way to find them in the grocery store is in the frozen section. Frozen edamame are shelled, and blanched. It’s fine to use frozen edamame for this recipe, but do take care to look for Non-GMO, if possible.
Most soy in this country is grown from genetically modified seed, and because we just don’t know the true side-effects of consuming GMO crops, it’s best to avoid it. Non-GMO edamame will be labeled as such!
How long will this salad keep?
This salad as made is best served the day it is made. But if you’d like to keep it longer, or use for meal prep you can make the salad up to 3 days ahead of time.
If you like this healthy salad recipe, check out these others:
- Chopped Antipasto Salad with Chicken
- Israeli Salad
- Mediterranean Tuna Salad with No Mayo!
- Gluten-Free BLT Pasta Salad
Easy Edamame Salad
This Easy Edamame Salad is a must-make for a healthy quick side dish! With protein-packed edamame, cherries, and feta, this easy-to-make salad will be on repeat this summer!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (12-ounce bag) blanched shelled edamame (I buy frozen)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries, more as desired
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons good-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or mint for garnish (optional)
- Bring 6 cups salted water to a boil, add edamame and cook 5-7 minutes until tender. Transfer to a bowl and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, add remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss well.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately!
July 5, 2020
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!