Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/gluten-free-chocolate-chip-cookies/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Buttery and crispy on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle, these Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies are the real deal. They're also so easy to put together, using 1 bowl and no fancy equipment. Made without any refined sugar, and using nutrient dense baking flours, this is a cookie you can feel good about eating.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line 2 baking sheets with parchment parchment paper.
- Add almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt to a bowl. Whisk together until combined.
- Add in the egg, honey, vanilla and softened butter. Using a heavy spoon, mix the dough all together until fully combined with no visible butter streaks remaining. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into balls (about 2 tablespoons in size, or a #30 scoop), if desired stick additional chocolate chips in the top of the dough, and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Lightly flatten the tops of the dough balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes (for soft, slightly undercooked cookies) or 12 minutes (for fully cooked cookies).
- Let cookies cool slightly before picking up as they are delicate when hot.
- For dairy-free, vegan and paleo, substitute the butter for softened / room temperature coconut oil, and the egg for a flax egg (to make whisk together 1 tablespoon ground flax seed with 2 tablespoons water and let sit for 5-10 minutes before using). The dough must be chilled for at least 2 hours before baking. See the post for information on how to successfully make these swaps.
- This dough could also be made in an electric stand mixer, following the same process as mixing it by hand.
- If you find the dough difficult to work with, place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes before rolling cookie dough balls.
- Let cookies cool before picking up, as they are quite delicate when hot.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.