This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Strawberry and Mango Salsa Chicken is the perfect light dish on a spring or summer night! It has contrasting sweet and savory flavors that make it so good! This mango chicken is also easy to put together and pairs so well with many other dishes! It’s gluten-free and paleo too!
Grilled Mango Salsa Chicken Recipe
With grilling season upon us, this Grilled Strawberry and Mango Salsa Chicken should be on weekly rotation! We can’t get enough of grilling with a touch of sweetness! The best part of this delicious dish is that it’s simple to prepare, and EVERYONE is going to love it! The chicken is marinated in a sweet mango puree and then grilled to perfection and topped with a fresh mango and strawberry salsa. It’s gluten-free, paleo and just dang delicious!
Why We Love Mangos
Did you know that mangos provide 100% of your daily vitamin C, 35% of your daily vitamin A and 12% of your daily fiber? And they’re super delicious, of course! They are rich in antioxidants as well, which help fight free radicals. A diet rich in mangos and other vitamin C rich fruits can help aid in improving gut health as well!
How do you cut a mango?
There are a lot of different methods out there for cutting mangos. Some say to peel the mango and slice. We found the easiest way is to slice off two chunks of the mango on the flat side. Then cut up the pieces while it’s still in the skin and then scoop it out.
Alternatively you could also cut the mango halves, then using a glass similar in size scope out the mango in one large chunk. Then dice it up!
Can you swap out other fruits?
We love this with mango and strawberries, but you could probably substitute a few other sweet fruits here, such as pineapple or peaches!
Using a Grill Pan or a Grill
Our first choice for cooking this recipe is to cook it on an outdoor grill. Since this chicken has a sweet mango marinade, cooking it on the grill where there is more air circulation is better and there is less likely of a chance to burn. However, we have tested it on a grill pan and it works, but you shouldn’t leave too much of the marinade on the chicken before placing on the pan to grill since it has a tendency to burn before it is cooked through.
If you like this grilled chicken recipe, check out these others:
- Chopped Antipasto Salad with Chicken
- Bruschetta Chicken
- Copycat Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Grilled Veggie & Grilled Chicken Salads with Tomato Vinaigrette
Strawberry and Mango Salsa Chicken
- 1 large mango sliced into two halves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon lime juice divided
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro sliced
- Scoop out the flesh from 1 half of the mango. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- To a large bowl add the mango puree, honey, coconut aminos, 1 tablespoon of lime, and a big pinch of salt and pepper and the chicken. Let chicken marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- When ready, heat grill. Shake off excess mango marinade and grill chicken for about 10-12 minutes on each side, until it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts.
- Meanwhile, make salsa: Dice the remaining mango half. To a bowl add mango, strawberries, red onion, cilantro, remaining lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Top chicken with salsa and enjoy!
Loved this! Prep was easy and the salsa was delicious. It was a perfect summer recipe and picky eater husband approved.
What does everyone recommend as good sides for this? Looks amazing!!
A big old salad would be lovely 🙂
I might be over looking it, but how many does these feed? Need to know for a family of 6. Thanks
This was AMAZING!!! I made this for a family get-together and everyone just LOVED it, even the kiddos!! My hubby said it tasted like something he would order in a restaurant- what a compliment!!!
I can’t get enough of mangoes either, they are soo tasty! Mango sushi really is a winner if you haven’t tried it before! This easy dinner looks like a perfect Spring treat too!
Steph – http://www.nourishmeblog.co.uk