This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These gluten-free Ham and Cheese Waffles are going to be the star of the breakfast or brunch table! You wouldn’t know these waffles were gluten-free and they’re a cinch to put together using only one bowl. These fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside waffles are the perfect mix of sweet and savory and bound to be a new favorite!
Ham and Cheese Waffles (Gluten-Free)
These gluten-free Ham and Cheese Waffles came about as a need to use up our leftover Maple Glazed Ham and we are so glad it did because these waffles are SO GOOD! If you haven’t tried savory waffles before let us introduce you to the perfect mix of sweet and savory! Of course, you could keep this all savory and omit the drizzle of honey on the top, but we thought it really took it over the edge of deliciousness and really recommend serving it this way!
With the upcoming holidays you are going to want to keep this recipe at the ready! This is such a great breakfast or brunch idea to serve a crowd! Our recipe serves 4, but it can easily be doubled or tripled and the waffles can be kept warm in a low oven to keep hot before serving!
These gluten-free waffles use my trusty blend of almond and tapioca flour as the base! We use this blend for a lot of our recipes because it is simple, versatile and creates a product that is satisfying.
Want a FREE ham?
- New customers who sign up for their first box will receive a free 4 lb. Spiral Ham in their first order!!
- About the Ham: ButcherBox ham is a fully cooked, hickory smoked, uncured, bone-in spiral ham. It’s free of nitrates, casein, and gluten. It’s non-GMO verified, vegetarian fed, and no antibiotics and growth promotants ever!
- P.S. If you would like to receive your box before the Christmas holiday, you need to order before 12/17!
In this recipe we used these tools:
- Essentials: bowls, whisk, spatula, measuring spoons and cups
- Waffle Iron
If you like this breakfast recipe, check out these others:
- Sheet Pan Classic Breakfast Bake
- Lemon Curd and Blueberry Compote Breakfast Parfaits
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- 3 Ingredient Breakfast Skillet
- Savory Chorizo Breakfast Bowls
Watch the video:
Ham and Cheese Waffles (Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup ham diced, divided
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese we use sharp cheddar
- High heat cooking spray we use avocado oil spray
- Preheat a waffle maker according to the appliance instructions.
- Whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl until fully combined.
- Add in the eggs, applesauce and maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- Fold in the ¾ cup ham, 3 tablespoons scallions and cheese.
- Spray the heated waffle iron with a high heat cooking spray (we use avocado oil). Following the directions for your waffle maker regarding batter quantity and cook time, pour in the batter and cook the waffles until cooked through and lightly golden. Remove and if desired transfer to a low oven to keep warm. Spray the waffle iron with avocado oil and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve the waffles hot and garnish with butter, remaining chopped ham and scallions and drizzled honey.
Can I leave the maple syrup out of the mix
These are so good – I’m on my second batch. Thank you for sharing!
These were a hit with my guys – thank you!!!
These sweet and savory waffles are everything!!
Mmm yummy recipe!
I’ve only just been introduced to savoury waffles. These sound great 🙂