This Strawberry Asparagus Salad with Bacon & Almonds is bursting with flavor and full of nutrients!
Sweet fresh and local strawberries combined with salty bacon, nutty almonds, steamed asparagus and perfectly cooked chicken = the ultimate mid-Simmer salad!
Spring produce is back! Asparagus, strawberries, radishes, artichokes… I love this time of year. Just when you think the Winter will last forever, the sun starts coming out, there is less and less need for that heavy jacket, and you’re just about ready to turn the grill on permanently.
Asparagus is one of those vegetables that is just so Spring.
My go-to? Simple roasted asparagus seasoned and finished off with a touch of lemon!
You can’t go wrong. This season I have made it my mission to explore the ways to use asparagus, though… Salads, soups, you name it!
Let’s kick the season off with this Strawberry Asparagus Salad!
Add in grilled or pan-fried chicken to make it a rounded protein-packed meal (even though asparagus is a good source of protein), and ta-da, a perfect Spring meal!
Paleo-friendly, dairy-free, and grain-free! Omit the honey in the dressing to make this salad Whole30 compliant!
Shaved Asparagus and Sausage Sweet Potato Noodle Pasta from Inspiralized
Lemon Ginger Asparagus with Toasted Almonds from The Healthy Maven
Sesame Roasted Asparagus from The Corner Kitchen
Cream of Roasted Asparagus Soup from Nutmeg Nanny
Hot and Spicy Balsamic Vinegar Asparagus from Imagina Inventae Intenta
Pan-Seared Halibut with Corn Hash and Asparagus Pureé from Crazy Foodie Stunts
5- Ingredient Asparagus with Curry Sauce from Cookin’ Canuck
Asparagus, Dill, and Onion Egg Casserole from Everyday Maven
Dijon Maple Asparagus from Food Faith Fitness
Spring Harvest Buddha Bowl with a Dill Vinaigrette from With Food & Love
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
What is your favorite way to cook asparagus?
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- Optional: 1 lb grilled chicken breasts
- Optional: 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup organic strawberries
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Steam asparagus for 5 minutes, or until tender and set aside. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Place on a plate lined with paper towels while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- Once bacon is done, pour almost all of the bacon fat into a heat-proof bowl or jar and place in the fridge to solidify before disposing of it! Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken in the skillet with the small amount of bacon fat. Cook until browned on each side.
- Place all of the vinaigrette ingredients into a blender. Blend until well combined.
- For serving: Place optional spinach on a serving dish. Top with steamed asparagus, sliced strawberries, almonds, and bacon. Drizzle with dressing and serve with extra dressing on the side!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!