This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Creamy Tuscan Chicken recipe is what dreams are made of! This easy weeknight dinner is creamy without any dairy, with bacon, sundried tomatoes and spinach and so delicious. This dish is Paleo, Keto and Whole30 friendly and bound to be a new family favorite! Made in partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus.
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
We had a vision of what we wanted this dish to be: we wanted the creamiest and dreamiest weeknight dinner loaded with salty bacon, briny sun-dried tomato, veggies for health and the best chicken we could find. We are so happy to say we think we hit the mark with this Creamy Tuscan Chicken dinner!
Making this recipe was both thrilling and stressful because we were so set on this creamy dish not containing any cream and it went through several rounds of recipe testing to get it just right: 5 to be exact! We started off using almond milk as the creamy component. While the resulting dish was tasty it wasn’t creamy and the almond milk was overpowered by the strong flavor of bacon and sundried tomato. Next up we tried coconut cream. This one was a no-go for me because I have a strong aversion to food tasting like coconut when it’s not supposed to. And then, after that second failed attempt I had an epiphany: cashew cream! Cashew cream is what dreams are made of! It doesn’t take on a strong cashew flavor, it doesn’t separate, it’s easy to make, nutritious and it makes the dish so creamy.
Once we went in that direction we tested it a few more times to makes sure it’s JUST RIGHT for you, and well, because we wanted to eat more of it!
How we serve this:
We served this easy weeknight dinner up with cauli-rice, but it would be equally delicious over pasta, with white rice, cauliflower gnocchi (our Trader Joe’s favorite right now), or even a bed of sautéed greens!
I am so happy to partner with my friends at Farmer Focus to bring you today’s Creamy Tuscan Chicken recipe! Shenandoah Valley Organic is my go-to trusted chicken company because they pride themselves in producing the highest quality chicken grown on family-owned farms. I love the quality so much, and everyone in my family who tries it agrees! It’s the best, and I love supporting their farmers and a company that is working hard to do things right!
SVO chickens are humanely raised and fed a diet free from animal byproducts, pesticides, and antibiotics. On their website you can see where all of the farms are located, so you know just where your chicken was raised! Pretty cool if you ask me! You can also use their easy store locator to find where you can get this amazing quality chicken near you!
How do I Make Cashew Cream
We have a whole post dedicated to this! Check out How to Make Cashew Cream for all the details!
What is Cashew Cream Used For?
We love using it as a dairy-free sub to make things CREAMY! Unlike coconut cream or coconut milk that can often leave a taste, cashew cream makes things instantly creamy, without any coconut taste! It’s totally dairy-free, and delicious! You can use it in savory or sweet dishes!
Other uses for Cashew Cream:
This recipe makes a bit more cashew cream than is needed, as it’s easier to blend a larger amount than a smaller amount. There are endless ways to use cashew cream, basically use it in any place you would use heavy cream! Here are some ideas:
- Cookie Dough Bars
- Green Bean Casserole
- Creamy Potato Chowder
- Easy Lobster Bisque
- Creamy Pasta Sauce
- Salad Dressing
- Coffee Creamer
- Ice Cream
- Queso Dip
Watch the video!
If you like this simple weeknight chicken dinner, check out these other favorites:
- Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Chicken Parmesan
- Roasted Chicken Dinner
- Sheet Pan Curry Chicken and Vegetables
- Apple Cider Braised Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
Creamy Tuscan Chicken (Paleo & Keto)
- 2 slices bacon chopped
- 1-½ pounds chicken thighs or chicken tenders see note
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil if needed
- 1 onion sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup Sundried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped roughly
- 1/2 cup cashew cream see note
- 2 cup spinach
- In a large saute pan over medium heat cook bacon until crisp, remove, drain oil except for 1 tablespoon.
- Add chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook on each side until lightly browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil if the pan is dry. Add onion and garlic, and lower heat to medium low and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken stock and sundried tomato and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan and bring up to a boil.
- Stir in cashew cream until smooth.
- Add spinach, bacon and return chicken to pan and continue to cook until the sauce spinach has wilted and everything is combined. If your sauce is too thick, add a bit more chicken stock to thin it out.
- Serve immediately with cauli rice, pasta or zoodles.
This post is sponsored by Farmer Focus! All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!