This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Shrimp Avocado Salad is the perfect healthy recipe and great for lunch. It’s loaded with shrimp, avocado, tomato, fresh herbs, and tossed in a tangy homemade lemon dressing.
Easy Shrimp Avocado Salad
Is there anything better than an easy, one-bowl, super flavorful salad? Okay, yes, I’m talking about this Avocado Shrimp Salad!
This salad is light on the prep and bold on the flavor. It’s packed with fresh ingredients like cooked shrimp, cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado, and basil tossed in a sweet, tangy, slightly spicy lemon vinaigrette.
Serve your avocado shrimp salad in a lettuce cup, over a bed of grains, or all by itself. It’s the perfect meal to whip up for lunch or a lighty dinner.
- Lemon Dressing: we’re whipping up a simple, fresh lemon dressing with lemon juice, rice vinegar, olive oil, garlic, basil, sriracha, honey, and dijon mustard.
- Shrimp: you can buy pre-cooked shrimp from the store or cook your own.
- Fresh Veggies: I use a blend of diced cherry tomatoes, finely diced red onion, and diced avocado.
- Fresh Basil: basil is mixed into the salad and also used for garnish.
How to Make this Shrimp Salad Recipe
- Make the dressing: Whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, basil, sriracha, honey, and mustard until well combined.
- Assemble the salad: In a bowl, combine cooked shrimp, prepped veggies, and basil.
- Dress and serve: Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss to combine, then serve as desired.
What Shrimp to Use
This shrimp salad recipe calls for fully cooked shrimp, which you can usually buy at any grocery store. If you’re unable to find fully cooked shrimp, don’t worry! Raw shrimp is also super easy to cook.
To cook raw shrimp, clean, devein, and remove the tail.
Cooking shrimp: Cook in a skillet with the oil of your choice, salt, and pepper for 2-3 minutes on each side, until pink, fully opaque, and cooked through.
For more detailed instructions, check out My Go-To 10-Minute Sautéed Shrimp!
What is a Good Dressing for This Avocado Shrimp Salad?
The quick homemade lemon vinaigrette is the perfect dressing to drizzle over your shrimp salad. The fresh, sweet, and tangy flavors pair so well with the shrimp and veggies in the salad!
Is This a Healthy Meal?
Shrimp salad is totally healthy! The shrimp itself is a great source of lean protein and is loaded with vitamins and minerals. The salad is also packed full of fresh veggies and healthy fats from the avocado. Delicious and healthy? Count me in!
This shrimp avocado salad is delicious served in a lettuce wrap, over a bed of grains, or on its own garnished with lemon wedges.
Making Ahead of Time
I recommend serving it within a few hours of making it for the freshest textures and flavors, but you can make it up to a day ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
If you want to keep everything as fresh as possible, try leaving the dressing off and adding it right before you’re ready to serve.
How to Store
Leftover avocado shrimp salad will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keep in mind that the longer the salad sits, the more the texture of the shrimp and veggies will be affected.
Like this Shrimp Recipe? Check Out These Others
- Cajun Shrimp Noodle Bowls
- Easy Curry Shrimp
- Tequila Lime Shrimp
- Creamy Potato Chowder with Shrimp and Bacon
- Tropical Mango Shrimp Ceviche
Watch The Video:
Shrimp Avocado Salad
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice about 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 lb. about 15-20 large cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 small red onion fine diced (1/2 cup)
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the cooked shrimp (see note), tomatoes, onion, avocado, and chopped basil. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl combine lemon juice, rice vinegar, olive oil, garlic, basil, sriracha, honey and dijon mustard. Whisk together until smooth and combined.
- Pour the dressing over the shrimp salad and toss to combine. Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve in a bowl, in lettuce leaves, or on a bed of lettuce, garnish with more fresh basil, and serve immediately with lemon wedges if desired!
- If you're cooking your shrimp: Make sure they're cleaned, deveined, and tails are removed. Cook in a skillet with the oil of your choice, salt, and pepper for 2-3 minutes on each side, until pink, fully opaque, and cooked through.
I added a mango because it’s mango season and it was so good!
a very nice salad, thank you, shrimp is a nice change for me in a salad and the dressing is great too, love the dijon-sriracha flavors!
Just made your shrimp avocado salad. Ridiculously good. And healthy and affordable. Love your site!
Hi Lexi, just found your site and love these recipes. Trying to eat healthier and get some weight off. I noticed you use organic chicken and broth. When you do soups and stews are you using organic celery onions,etc.