This Lemon Basil Shrimp Salad is tangy with a kick and the perfect refreshing lunch or light dinner on a summer day! Simply toss everything in a bowl, taste, and devour! Check out the video below for how to make it.
Lemon Basil Shrimp Salad Recipe
Don’t you love easy, 1-bowl, super flavorful lunches or dinners? This Lemon Basil Shrimp Salad is light on the prep but heavy on the deliciousness. Eat this tossed shrimp salad in a lettuce cup, over a bed of grains or all by itself! It’s my favorite meal to whip up super quickly that has so much flavor! The options are endless!
Here’s what you need to make it:
- 1 lemon
- rice vinegar
- olive oil
- fresh basil
- dijon mustard
- 1 lb. (about 15-20) large cooked shrimp
- cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
Can’t buy precooked shrimp?
This shrimp salad recipe calls for fully cooked shrimp. If you can’t buy them, you can starting with raw shrimp. Clean, devein, and remove the tail. Cook in a small skillet with oil of choice, salt, and pepper until pink, fully opaque and fully cooked through.
Can this be made ahead of time?
You can make this day up to 1 day ahead of time, but ideally served within a few hours after making it.
Like this shrimp recipe? Check out these others:
- Cajun Shrimp Noodle Bowls
- Easy Curry Shrimp
- Tequila Lime Shrimp
- Creamy Potato Chowder with Shrimp and Bacon
Watch the video here:
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 lb. (about 15-20) large cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, fine dice
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- In one bowl combine cooked shrimp, grape tomatoes, onion, avocado and basil and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine lemon juice, rice vinegar, olive oil, garlic, basil, sriracha, honey and dijon mustard and mix whisk together.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine.
- Serve in a lettuce leaf, garnish with more fresh basil, and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!