This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Cajun Garlic Shrimp Paleo Noodles recipe is the perfect 20-minute meal! Whole30-compliant, easy, and delicious with a little kick of spice!
Cajun Shrimp Zoodles
This simple weeknight dinner isn’t complicated, but tastes amazing! Using only a handful of ingredients this easy Paleo Noodle Bowl has tons of veggies and cajun garlic shrimp with a little bit of a kick.
Now, because this is paleo, there aren’t actually any noodles in this recipe. Instead, I use zucchini noodles. I love my spiralizer. I use it at least once a week and usually don’t stray far from my beloved zucchini linguine. And it works perfectly here as gluten-free noodles!
- Cajun seasoning
- Avocado Oil
- Red Pepper
- Spiralized Zucchini
- Green Onions
What are Spiralized Zucchinis?
Spiralized veggies are veggies that are cut with a Spiralizer! It’s basically just a device that makes noodle-like strings from veggies. This recipe is lightened up by using spiralized zucchinis in place of traditional noodles. These days you can find spiralized zucchinis in most stores, either in the fresh or the frozen veggie section.
Or you can make your own using a Spiralizer!
What Type of Shrimp to Buy
For shrimp, you want it to be shelled and deveined before use. You can leave the tail on or off. Often times you can buy it this way in stores, even if you don’t have an in-person fishmonger.
If you have a trusted fishmonger, it’s definitely a great place to buy your shrimp. You can let them know what you plan to make, and they’ll make sure you have the right shrimp and that it is properly prepped!
You can use frozen or fresh shrimp for this recipe, but make sure your shrimp is fully defrosted before cooking.
Check out the video here:
Check out these other Paleo Shrimp Recipes:
- Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho with Shrimp
- Tequila Lime Shrimp
- Grilled Caesar Salad With Blackened Shrimp
If you like this quick weeknight paleo dinner, check out these others:
Cajun Garlic Shrimp Paleo Noodle Bowls
- 10-20 jumbo shrimps cleaned (peeled, deveined and tails removed)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoons oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 large zucchinis spiralized (about 3 cups zoodles)
- Green onions sliced, for garnish
- In a bowl toss cajun seasoning with shrimp.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Once hot add garlic and shrimp and cook until the shrimp is opaque, about 3-5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- Add in red pepper and onion and cook until beginning to soften, about 5-7minutes. Add in a big pinch of salt, pepper and zucchini noodles and cook until al dente, about 2 minutes. Add back in the shrimp and toss to combine.
- Garnish with green onion and serve immediately.