This Loaded Paleo Breakfast Hash is such a delicious hash for weekend BRUNCH or when you are craving breakfast for dinner! The spicy chicken sausage and bacon pair so perfectly with the sweet potato, onions, and peppers. It can be eaten as is for a veggie and protein filled breakfast, or topped with an egg!
Loaded Paleo Breakfast Hash
Normally when preparing sweet potatoes for breakfast I make these Roasted Cinnamon Sweet Potato Home Fries. But today, seeing as it was a ‘breakfast for dinner’ kind of night, I decided to be adventurous. I loaded up my skillet and cooked up a hash that was a huge hit. This loaded hash with eggs and hot sauce… I think I could be in heaven!
- Olive oil
- Sweet Potato
- Red Pepper
- Green Pepper
- Chicken sausages
- Salt and pepper
- Baby spinach
This would also be a great make ahead breakfast idea that you can prep ahead of time on a Sunday and enjoy the next three mornings, with or without eggs! It’s great because it’s packed with veggies, protein and fat and will keep you satisfied for the whole morning!
If you like this Sweet Potato Hash Paleo recipe, check out these others:
- Sheet Pan Classic Breakfast Bake
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Apple Sage Breakfast Sausage
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 2 chicken sausages, pre-cooked and sliced (optional)
- 4 pieces nitrate-free bacon, pre-cooked and chopped (optional)
- Fine sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Fresh eggs, optional
- In a large skillet, sauté oil and garlic over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add in sweet potato and cook for 5 minutes, or until the potato starts to soften.
- Add in peppers, onion, and tomato and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, stirring often. If you want to reduce the cooking time, cover the pan at this stage until the sweet potato is fork tender.
- Mix in chopped sausage, bacon, salt and pepper and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in fresh spinach, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Remove from heat and serve hot, with eggs on top if desired.
- This recipe was originally posted in July 2013, with photos updated April, 2016, and republished in 2019.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!