This Paleo Banana Bread made with chocolate chips and walnuts is so delicious and moist. It’s the ultimate gluten-free banana bread that is freezer-friendly, using almond flour and coconut flour and very little added sugar! It’s taken me years to perfect this recipe, and I finally achieved the exact texture I wanted for the ultimate, easy, banana bread that is freezer-friendly, too! Perfect for a holiday morning, or a snack anytime of the week!
Easy Paleo Banana Bread Recipe
Is there anything more satisfying than the smell of fresh banana bread cooking? Well, besides the taste of course! Banana bread is such a simple and delicious morning treat and this paleo version, with option to use brown butter if you tolerate dairy, is just downright decadent. I love how simple it comes together and can’t get over how delicious it smells when baking!
Grab a slice with a cup of coffee or tea, and enjoy! This also freezes well, so if you want, make a double batch with one for now and one for later or for a gift.
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking powder
- sea salt
- butter, ghee or coconut oil
- medium ripe bananas
- maple sugar
- vanilla extract
- walnuts (optional)
- dark chocolate chunks (optional, but totally encouraged)
If you like this paleo banana bread recipe, check out these others:
Watch the video:
- 2 cups (196 grams) blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons (21 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup butter (or ghee or coconut oil for fully dairy-free)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chunks (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F and line a 8" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until it turns a toasty brown color, about 3-5 minutes. Swirl the pan occasionally to make sure the butter cooks evenly. Once brown, take off heat and let cool slightly. If using ghee or coconut oil simply melt it and let cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Add in the eggs, maple sugar, vanilla extract and the brown butter and whisk until completely combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips, if using, and pour the batter into the loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Smooth the top with a spatula and top with additional chocolate chips ,if desired.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- This loaf can be frozen for for up to 3 months.
- If you can't tolerate butter, simply sub ghee or coconut oil.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!