This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Adorned with a sweet glaze and seasoned with chili powder, this Chili Maple Glazed Salmon is just what a fun and delicious dinner looks like. Plus, it’s super simple to put together and pairs well with just about any veggies for a side. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free and Paleo and calling your name to put on the dinner list this week!
Chili and Maple Glazed Salmon
This Maple Glazed Salmon recipe is hands down one of my favorite ways to prepare salmon. I was first introduced to a recipe like this at a dinner I had at Mike’s parent’s house. His mom made a delicious salmon dish, and she mentioned it using brown sugar and maple syrup, and having a rub on it. I loved that idea so I knew I had to recreate at home and thus this Chili Maple Salmon recipe was born! It is simple to put together and a unique flavor combination. The chili and and the maple together are so good! Serve with a simple side of steamed or roasted veggies and dinner is served!
- Wild Salmon
- Chili Powder
- Coconut Sugar
- Sea salt
- Pure Maple Syrup
What to Serve with Maple Glazed Salmon
Because salmon is such a quick dish to make, it’s best to serve with either a prepped ahead veggie dish (we like to roast a big batch of veggies at the beginning of the week to use throughout the week) or something that takes just a few seconds to put together, like a salad!
Some other options are to serve with a quick cole slaw, like this one or this one, some zucchini noodles or other veggie noodles, or some cauliflower rice.
If you like this salmon recipe, check out these others:
- Herb Butter Salmon with Blistered Tomatoes and Green Beans
- 3-Ingredient Dijon Salmon (In 10 Minutes!)
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Sage Pesto and Root Vegetables
- Salmon and Veggies En Papillote (In Parchment Paper Packs!)
Watch the video here:
MAPLE GLAZED SALMON
- 1 lb. wild salmon fillets
- Big pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat broiler on high.
- Lightly oil the salmon and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle on a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together chili, paprika and coconut sugar. Rub on top of the salmon.
- Broil until fish is cooked through, and light and flaky, about 8 minutes.
- Remove fish from oven and brush maple syrup on top of salmon. Return to the oven to broil for 1-2 minutes, or until the maple syrup is bubbling.
- Serve salmon immediately.
- This recipe was originally published in 2014, and rephotographed in 2020.
Such an easy and tasty recipe! Even better when salmon is on sale at Whole Foods! Thank you!
Made this for dinner, so good and so easy!! Took no time at all which is my favorite part. Will absolutely be making again soon and even trying with chicken instead of salmon.
kid approved, they had seconds. Super fast to cook. Delicious
It was perfect the first time. This is very really unique helpful information.I learn so much from you as well! Thank you so much for sharing your helpful information. Keep it up.
Can you suggest a sauce that would compliment this Salmon Recipe?
It’s so flavorful – it shouldn’t need one!
Absolutely a great recipe! Easy enough to meal prep and tasted even better the next day.
Are calories posted for all of your recipes? If so, where can I find it? Thanks. Your recipes look amazing!
They’re coming! In the mean time, use any free online calculator like myfitnesspal!
This is one of my favorite go to busy night meals. When my boys have late football, basketball, baseball…you name it. I can make this while they shower and they LOVE it. If there is extra makes a great salad too.