This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Cold Asian Noodle Salad is hearty and loaded with healthy and yummy ingredients! It’s made with vermicelli noodles and tons of fresh, colorful veggies tossed in a spicy, salty, and tangy nut butter sauce.
Optional chicken for a main dish, too!
Best Asian Noodle Salad Recipe
If you’re looking for a simple side dish to feed a crowd for a weekend BBQ or potluck or a great on-the-go lunch, then this Cold Asian Noodle Salad is exactly what you need in your life. Simply chop up your veggies, mix together the sauce, add in some rice noodles, and your summer salad is complete!
This salad is packed with colorful, crunchy veggies, so much vibrant flavor, tender vermicelli noodles, and an insanely flavorful peanut dressing.
Serve this asian noodle salad as a hearty side dish or as a main dish with some optional shredded chicken!
This Asian noodle salad is made with simple ingredients, many of which you might already have in your pantry!
The Awesome Sauce
- Coconut Aminos: adds so much salty flavor to the sauce.
- Nut Butter: either peanut butter or almond butter will work.
- Fish Sauce: adds a subtle umami flavor. Omit to make it vegetarian!
- Rice Vinegar: adds the perfect tangy flavor.
- Ginger and Garlic: use fresh ginger and garlic for that delicious kick of flavor.
- Chili Sauce: to spice things up.
- Sesame Oil: I love the flavor of toasted sesame oil. Keep it on hand to use on the noodles too!
- Lime Juice: use fresh lime to juice for a pop of citrus flavor.
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional): if you like it extra spicy!
Asian Noodle Salad Ingredients
- Vermicelli Rice Noodles: cooked according to package instructions.
- Veggies: we’re using a colorful blend of carrots, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, scallions, cabbage, snap peas, and cucumber.
- Cilantro: roughly chopped. Add as much or as little as you like.
- Optional Add-Ins: make it a meal with shredded rotisserie chicken or Shredded Chicken in the Instant Pot, and garnish with edamame or peanuts.
How to Make Asian Noodle Salad
This easy Asian inspired noodle salad is ready in under 30 minutes!
- Make the sauce: Combine all the sauce ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Combine: In a large bowl, toss together the prepped veggies, cooked noodles, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Add other mix-ins if using, then taste and adjust as needed.
- Serve: Serve cold with garnishes.
Tips and Notes
- Cook the noodles al dente. A little bite helps them hold up better in the sauce.
- Chop everything evenly. Make sure all of the veggies are pretty uniform in size so they incorporate well all together.
- Customize! Feel free to add other veggies, proteins, etc. Broccoli florets, chopped zucchini, chickpeas, shredded turkey, etc.
Serve this Asian noodle salad on its own or as a side dish next to:
How to Store
Leftovers will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Keep in mind that the noodles will absorb the sauce as it sits, so the leftovers may be a bit dry. If you want to give it a refresh, whip up some extra sauce to add later on!
More Pasta Salad Recipes You’ll Love
Watch The Video:
Cold Asian Noodle Salad
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated, more to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic grated, more to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oils plus more to put on noodles
- 1/2 lime juiced more to taste
- Optional 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes more to taste
- 1 8.8 oz package Vermicelli Rice noodles cooked based on package instructions
- 2 carrots sliced thin
- 1 Red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 Yellow bell pepper sliced thin
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced thin
- 1/4 purple cabbage sliced thin
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 cucumber sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon cilantro roughly chopped, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Optional: shredded rotisserie chicken or shredded chicken
- Optional: Cooked edamame
- Optional: Chopped peanuts
- Add all sauce ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until combined. Set aside.
- Toss chopped veggies, rice noodles, cilantro, and sesame seeds into a medium mixing bowl. Add in chicken if using. Pour in sauce and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve cold topped with scallions and peanuts if using.