Pumpkin Pie Spice is ubiquitous come the fall, and we’re not sad about it! Especially because it’s so easy to make your own DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice recipe and you get to control the quality of spices (and quantities) that are added to it! Plus, you’ll likely already have what you need on hand at home in your spice cabinet so you can make it right now!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
I’m all about my pumpkin pie spice in the fall! There are so many great recipes, including so many on this site, that include this spice blend and it’s so simple to make your own DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice instead of purchasing a separate blend when you likely already have the ingredients in your spice cabinet!
The best part about making your own spice blend is that you can control the quality and quantity. When you are purchasing a bottle of it at the store there is always a chance you actually don’t like the taste because that brand may have more or less of the particular blend of spices they are using, and this has definitely happened to me before. If you happen to like one of those spices more than the other in our blend, you can increase or decrease the quantity by a little (start with 1/2 a teaspoon at a time) to suit your taste.
This DIY Pumpkin Spice Blend also makes a great gift! Place it in a cute jar, with a ribbon and homemade label and bring along as a hostess gift!
What spices are in pumpkin spice?
Our blend includes cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves! This matches the most common blend of spices you will find in the store! Once made store in a jar with a tight fitting lid for up to a year. After a year spices start to lose their potency, though they are still “safe” to consume.
How to use this Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
Check out these recipes to use this pumpkin pie spice:
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Waffles
- Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
- Cranberry Pumpkin Crumble Muffins
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- Sea Salt Chocolate Pumpkin Cups
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Scones
- Nutella Swirl Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Smash Cocktail
- Pumpkin Sticky Bun Muffins
Like this DIY recipe? Check out these others:
Watch the video:
- Place all ingredients in a jar and stir or shake to mix it up completely.
- Close with a tight fitting lid and store for up to one year (see note).
- Spices are best kept for one year, so if you are starting with older spices it may lose its potency sooner than one year.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!