This Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken and Vegetables is made with homemade paleo ranch dressing, marinated chicken, and perfectly cooked veggies! It makes for the ultimate healthy-yet-hearty dinner!
Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken and Vegetables
We love the mighty sheet pan here at LCK! This hands-off cooking method makes getting a delicious meal on the table simple and the clean up is a breeze. We’ve tested a range of recipes for different meal occasions and varying cooking time, but mostly we just love that utilizing the sheet pan allows for unattended cooking, giving us EXTRA time in our busy lives.
Tips for sheet pan cooking:
- Read the recipe all the way through (of course) and plan to use a timer! Most recipes require different cooking times, so make sure to use a timer so you can truly walk away from the oven and not have to worry about when your adding anything in to the oven.
- Do the prep ahead of time: Cut vegetables, make sauce or mix spices the night before or that morning if you are looking to speed up the process when it comes time for the actual cooking.
- Use parchment paper to make clean up a breeze.
- Use the correct size sheet pan. When we say sheet pan we are referring to the rimmed half sheet pan which is 18″ by 13″. The size of the sheet pan matters because you do not want to overcrowd the pan when cooking, so if you are using a smaller sheet pan you may need to use 2 to achieve the same result.
If you like this recipe, try these other sheet pan meals:
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Classic Breakfast (Eggs, Bacon, Potatoes)
- Sheet Pan Root Vegetable and Sage Pesto Salmon
- Sheet Pan Buffalo Chicken and Veggies
- Sheet Pan Marinated Steak Tips with Veggies
- Sheet Pan Herb Butter Salmon with Blistered Tomatoes and Green Beans
- Sheet Pan Cod and Vegetables in Lemon Herb Sauce
- Sheet Pan Curry Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 medium red onion, cut to 1/2" rings
- 1 medium Japanese sweet potato, peeled and cut to 1/2" dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut to 1/2" dice
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (see note)
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- In a small bowl mix together dill, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, black pepper.
- In another small bowl mix together mayo, almond milk, scallions. Add 1/2 of the ranch spice mixture and combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine red onion, sweet potato, red pepper, broccoli, avocado oil and remaining 1/2 of the ranch seasoning. Pour onto rimmed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile place chicken breasts into the large bowl used for the vegetables and add 1/3 cup of the ranch dressing. Toss to combine and place in refrigerator to marinate while vegetables are baking.
- After 20 minutes take out sheet pan and move vegetables to the sides to make space for the chicken. Place the chicken breasts in the middle of the pan and pour over any reserved marinade.
- Continue to bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve hot drizzled with remaining ranch dressing.
- You can substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!