This Crockpot Chicken and Vegetables recipe has everything you want, made in one slow cooker dish. Tender chicken and flavorful veggies are cooked together with herbs and a flavorful sauce. It’s the perfect dish to have waiting for you after a long day!
Crockpot Chicken and Vegetables
I love one pot meals, especially when they are made hands-off in my Slow Cooker! This easy Crockpot Chicken and Vegetables is a classic. Made with bone-in chicken thighs, a bunch of veggies that are customizable and a dreamy sauce, this is sure to be a new family favorite. Set it in the morning and have the perfect meal waiting for you when you arrive home.
Ingredients Needed for Crockpot Chicken and Veggies
- Bone-In Chicken Thighs
- Butter or Oil
- Garlic Cloves
- Sweet Potato
- Chicken broth
- Fish sauce
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh Herbs
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken and Vegetables
It couldn’t be simpler to make this slow cooker dinner. Simply:
- Add all of the ingredients to the insert on your crockpot. Pour over the sauce and cook on high for 3 hours, or on low for 7 hours.
- To get the chicken skin crispy, so ahead and broil it for a few minutes.
- Serve the hot chicken and vegetables with some extra sauce.
If you like this slow cooker recipe, check out these others:
- Beef Barbacoa Recipe (Slow Cooker or Instant Pot)
- Slow Cooker French Onion Soup (Gluten-Free)
- Two-Ingredient Salsa Chicken (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker)
- Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
If you like this chicken recipe, check out these others:
- The Best Baked BBQ Chicken Breast
- French Onion Chicken Bake
- Chili Garlic Chicken Satay Skewers
- Bruschetta Chicken
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 5 potatoes, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 stems fresh sage
- 3 stems fresh rosemary
- 1 small bunch fresh oregano
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the butter, garlic, onions, carrots, potatoes, celery, and herbs in the insert of your slow cooker. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pat the chicken dry and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Place on top of veggies in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Place on high for 3 hours, or on low for 7 hours.
- Once done, preheat your broiler on high. Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and broil on high for 1-3 minutes to crisp up the chicken skin.
- Serve chicken with vegetables and extra sauce.
- Omit butter for dairy-free
- You can add in different veggies, such as sweet potatoes or peppers, if desired.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!