Everybody should have an easy barbecue sauce recipe that they can use whenever the BBQ mood strikes! This super simple Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce contains no refined sugars, is paleo friendly and takes under 20 minutes to put together!
Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce
Homemade BBQ Sauce is surprisingly easy to make once you have the right formula! We love our Sweet & Smoky BBQ because it’s so simple to make and is a great sauce for so many dishes! For this recipe all you need to do is add all of your ingredients to a pot and simmer away!
Usually barbecue sauces you buy at the store are laden with hard-to-pronounce ingredients and so much sugar. While our recipe has sugar because we like it sweet, we opt for a cleaner alternative and use refined-sugar-free coconut sugar. We also skip the addition of ketchup and use a mix of tomato paste and tomato sauce to get the Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce just right.
This Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce would be perfect on:
If you like this DIY recipe, check out these others:
- Homemade Mayo
- Crock Pot Cranberry Sauce
- Homemade Meat Sauce Recipe
- Pumpkin BBQ Sauce
- How to Make Cashew Cream
- 1-15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1-6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce* (can omit if you can't find a nice clean one in your grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon molasses or raw honey (use molasses for extra dark coloring)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika**
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (use 1 tsp if you like more of a kick)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- In a large pot mix together all of the ingredients.
- Over medium heat bring sauce to a boil and then reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if desired.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!