This Crockpot Cranberry Sauce is an easy update on the classic Thanksgiving staple! It is such a great combination with tart cranberries, along with sweet apples and just the right amount of citrus. This slow cooker cranberry sauce uses hands-off cooking so you can focus on other aspects of your holiday meal! It contains no refined sugars and is bound to be a new family favorite!
Crockpot Cranberry Sauce
Forget the over sweetened canned cranberry sauce this year because it is SO EASY to make this Crock Pot Cranberry Sauce! You essentially throw all the ingredients in your slow cooker and walk away! It also is refined sugar free relying on coconut sugar, honey and sweet apples to balance the tart cranberries and citrus.
This sauce is of course well known as a Thanksgiving staple, but I also love to put a spoonful right on top of of latkes or as a versatile spread for breakfast or leftovers!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
- Fresh Cranberries
- Coconut Palm Sugar
How do you sweeten slow cooker cranberry sauce?
We used a combination of naturally sweet apples, orange juice, honey and coconut sugar!
How long does crockpot cranberry sauce last?
Homemade cranberry sauce will last quite a while, so this makes it a great make-ahead part of your holiday feast! We’d recommend using it within 7-10 days after making for optimal freshness, but it could very well last longer. For Thanksgiving it might make sense to make the cranberry sauce a few days ahead of time! You can serve it cold or you can re-heat gently in a pot over low heat.
Like this Thanksgiving / Holiday recipe? Check out these others:
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Easy Gluten-Free Stuffing for Thanksgiving
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- Gluten Free Apple Pie
- Harvest Salad with Maple Balsamic Dressing
- How to Roast a Thanksgiving Turkey
- Green Bean Casserole
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker
- Cook on high for 3 hours. Use a potato masher and mash cranberry/apple sauce.
- Continue to cook for one more hour with the lid slightly ajar.
- Serve immediately with a holiday meal, or cool and serve later.
- Cranberry sauce will last between 7-10 days in the refrigerator.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!