This fried Moroccan Eggplant with Chermoula Sauce is easy to make, has so much flavor, and is SO SO delicious. The perfect Moroccan starter! Plus, the chermoula sauce with roasted peppers would be fabulous on fish, meat, or chicken, too!
Moroccan Eggplant with Chermoula Sauce
If you read my Morocco recap, you know we had the most magical trip. We loved the culture, the people, and of course, the food. When the amazing chef from Riad Fes said I could share a few recipes from our cooking class with you, I was SO excited. When we took a cooking class and we made this Moroccan Eggplant (with Chermoula) appetizer that blew our minds! We had a blast in the kitchen cooking up all sorts of traditional Moroccan dishes and I am so excited to share some of them with you!
This chermoula is made with fresh herbs, good quality olive oil, roasted red bell pepper, and all the fresh Moroccan flavors we have come to love and cherish since our trip. I love this sauce on top of chicken, meat, and fish. It’s simply perfect, and easy to prepare!
Check out the photo of Mike below holding the Moroccan Eggplant recipe we made on our trip at the hotel!
Here is what you need to make this Chermoula Sauce:
- Red Bell Pepper
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Ground Black Pepper
What is Chermoula Sauce good on?
It’s obviously amazing on these fried eggplants, but you can use this sauce to top anything. It would be great on all cuts of meat, with other vegetables, or as a dip with fresh veggies or crackers.
If you like this Moroccan recipe, check out these others:
If you like this eggplant recipe, check out these others:
- Roasted Eggplant Dip
- Loaded Grilled Eggplant with Creamy Herb Sauce
- Eggplant Lasagna Rollatini
- Healthy Eggplant Parm Bites
- Cut the eggplant into slices.
- Add a little salt to disgorge. Fry the eggplant slices in hot oil until both sides are golden.
- Put the red pepper in the oven for ten minutes. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let steam for a few minutes. Peel the pepper to keep only the flesh. Chop finely the pepper.
- In a bowl, grate the garlic, chop the parsley and coriander very finely, add the olive oil, lemon juice and spices, chopped peppers and marinate.
- Spread the marinade on a face of each slice of eggplant. Serve!