I used to LOVE the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps from PF Chang’s. Once I stopped eating soy (amongst other things), the possibility to ever order this dish flew out the window. I knew I had to recreate it.
Here you have it, my friends. A clean, healthy version of the beloved Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with a creamy ‘peanut’ sauce! Grain-free, paleo-friendly, soy-free, sugar-free, and Whole30 approved!
Is there anything better than biting into a delicious umami flavored lettuce wrap? Such a perfect healthy lunch or dinner that is simple to prepare!
- In a bowl combine marinade ingredients and chicken and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in onion and and garlic. Sauté until onions turn translucent.
- Add mushrooms and let cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until mushrooms soften and begin to brown.
- Add in marinated chicken, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and cook chicken until no pink remains. Cover the pan to decrease cooking time.
- Add bean sprouts, scallions, grated carrot, spinach, and basil. Let cook for 5 more minutes or until bean sprouts are translucent and the spinach has wilted.
- Taste and add additional salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes as desired. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut sauce ingredients.
- To Assemble;
Lay out lettuce leaves on a plate and add fill with Thai chicken mixture
Garnish with paleo 'peanut' sauce, scallions and sesame seeds if using.
Omit peanut sauce for Whole30 Compliant!
Loading nutrition data...
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!