I used to LOVE the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps from PF Chang’s. Once I stopped eating soy (amongst other things), the possibility to ever order this dish flew out the window. I knew I had to recreate it.
Here you have it, my friends. A clean, healthy version of the beloved Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with a creamy ‘peanut’ sauce! Grain-free, paleo-friendly, soy-free, sugar-free, and Whole30 approved!
Is there anything better than biting into a delicious umami flavored lettuce wrap? Such a perfect healthy lunch or dinner that is simple to prepare!
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
Chicken & Veggies
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup grated or shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Paleo ’Peanut’ Sauce
- In a bowl combine marinade ingredients and chicken and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in onion and and garlic. Sauté until onions turn translucent.
- Add mushrooms and let cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until mushrooms soften and begin to brown.
- Add in marinated chicken, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and cook chicken until no pink remains. Cover the pan to decrease cooking time.
- Add bean sprouts, scallions, grated carrot, spinach, and basil. Let cook for 5 more minutes or until bean sprouts are translucent and the spinach has wilted.
- Taste and add additional salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes as desired. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut sauce ingredients.
- To Assemble;
Lay out lettuce leaves on a plate and add fill with Thai chicken mixture
Garnish with paleo 'peanut' sauce, scallions and sesame seeds if using.
Omit peanut sauce for Whole30 Compliant!
Loading nutrition data...
There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation, at no cost to you! However, I only recommend products I absolutely love and use in my own home! Thank you for supporting Lexi's Clean Kitchen when you shop! See my disclosure policy for more info!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!