Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
Combining two summertime staples, this simple Grilled Bruschetta Chicken recipe is calling your name! Perfectly marinated chicken is grilled up, sliced and topped with a fresh and bright tomato and basil bruschetta. A delicious dinner that’s gluten-free and low-carb.
Easy Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
This Bruschetta Chicken is perfect anytime of the year now that you can find ripe greenhouse tomatoes in the store. However this is especially on point during grilling season when farm, fresh tomatoes are everywhere. It’s the perfect semi no-cook meal when the weather begs for you to cook and eat outside. The chicken is marinated to perfection, grilled, and topped with a delicious fresh tomato bruschetta. It’s perfect on it’s own, but if you want you can serve it with a light salad or with pasta! This dish is already gluten-free and low-carb but leave out the cheese for a Whole30 compliant or Paleo meal.
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta (pronounced bru-sketta in case you ever find yourself in Italy and want to do as the Italians do) is an Italian appetizer of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and olive oil, and sometimes topped with other things like tomatoes. In American culture bruschetta usually means bread topped with diced tomatoes and basil, and sometimes cheese. Our recipe takes the idea of the grilled bread, and uses grilled chicken instead for a heartier more nutrient dense version, making it appropriate as a meal (and dang delicious!)
Easy Bruschetta Chicken Ingredients
Here is an overview of the ingredient list. Keep scrolling for the full recipe.
- Boneless + Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Fresh mozzarella
Tips for Grilling Chicken
- Marinate your meat! Any meat that has had a chance to be infused with flavor will taste better and be juicier (thanks to the addition of salt in the marinade).
- Prep your grill: Make sure your grill is preheated and that the grates are clean! You want to make sure the grill has come up to the proper temperature. Cleaning the grates will ensure your chicken doesn’t stick to it. Right before you cook you can rub a little oil on your grates as well!
- Cook over indirect heat: While you want your grill to be preheated you do not want to cook over direct flame. Cooking over indirect flame will ensure the chicken doesn’t burn before it is cooked through inside.
- Cover your grill! Covering your grill will make sure the grill stays hot and that your food cooks quicker.
- Use a thermometer! Sure there are plenty of other tricks to figure out if your chicken is properly cooked, but the most fool proof is to use an instant read thermometer. You want it to read 165º in the thickest part of the chicken.
Can I make it without a grill?
Yes! While we love the charred smoky taste of the grill, this dish would still be perfectly acceptable on a grill pan inside or if you need to, in a regular skillet! Do what works for you, either way a nice marinated juicy piece of chicken will be delicious topped with this tomato salad.
How to Serve Bruschetta Chicken
This recipe is intended to be a stand alone dish! But it wouldn’t be out of place to serve it with some pasta (spaghetti or linguine might be nice), spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice, roasted vegetables, or rice. It also could be great on a bed of tender greens like spinach or arugula, and maybe some delicious garlic bread!
Watch the video:
If you like this grilling recipe, check out these others:
- Chili Garlic & Lime Chicken Satay Skewers
- Grilled Chimichurri Chicken
- Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
- Grilled Caesar Salad With Blackened Shrimp
- Salmon and Shrimp Scampi
- 2 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1–2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup fresh chopped mozzarella (optional)
- Additional basil, for garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then place chicken, balsamic vinegar, and oil into a bowl or sealable bag. Let marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Pre-heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- When hot add chicken and let cook for 7 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through.
- Meanwhile combine all bruschetta ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Let chicken sit for 5 minutes, then slice and top with bruschetta and serve immediately.
August 24, 2021
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!