Cinnamon Bun Banana Muffins

These Cinnamon Bun Banana Muffins are the perfect weekday or weeknight treat. Loaded with cinnamon, bananas, and coconut flour, no one will be able to tell they are gluten-free!

Cinnamon Bun Banana Muffins

These muffins are light, fluffy, moist, and so flavorful! They also make your kitchen smell amazing!

Cinnamon Bun Banana Muffins

Cinnamon Bun Banana Muffins

Preparation 5 min 2017-07-24T00:05:00+00:00 Serves 9     adjust servings

Ingredients

For the muffin

For the Cinnamon Swirl

• 2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted or grass-fed butter, melted

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 350Β°F and line muffin tin with muffin liners.
  • In bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
  • In a separate bowl combine egg, melted coconut oil or grass-fed butter, honey, and mashed banana and mix well.
  • Combine wet and dry ingredients.
  • Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way. Top each muffin with 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon swirl mixture and mix with a toothpick.
  • Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  • Cinnamon Bun Banana Muffins

use our hashtag!

I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!

#LEXISCLEANKITCHEN

38 comments on “Cinnamon Bun Banana Muffins

• david ehrlich says:

made these tonight. they are insane. perfect indulgence and real easy to make. definitely gonna make em again. keep the recipes coming!

• Kaitlin S says:

Just made these and they turned out absolutely amazing, and so simple to make. I’ve been following your IG for a while and I love the new blog- thanks for the great recipe! xo

• Alex Keating says:

Hello! Just made these and they are wonderful! I realized after they were in the oven that I forgot vanilla! Oops! Question- do you happen to know the nutritional value?

• Samantha W. says:

Made these and the paleo brownies tonight…WOW! So delicious! Will definitely be trying more of your recipes! πŸ™‚

• i made these because my dad loves these type of muffins but never usually eats my kind of food haha i mean like clean eating .. so i gave this to him tonight HE LOVED IT and im really happy i found your page

• I am allergic to nuts and therefore probably cannot have almond flour. Can you recommend another kind of flour to use to replace it in your recipes? Thanks πŸ™‚

• Loved these. Swapped in some oat flour to accommodate my son’s allergies. Love the site and look forward to making many more recipes!!!

• Made these last night and they are definitely my favorite paleo baked good. Perfect texture and the cinnamon, syrup, and honey combo satisfied my sweet tooth perfectly. πŸ™‚

• OH MY GOSH!!!! These are amazing!!!!! Thank you so much for the recipe!! I’ve just started eating clean and the biggest thing for me was sweet stuff but this has hit the spot!!

• Lexi, I tried this recipe last night…and again today. Both times they have tasted amazing, but they look nothing like yours. They have been very flat and not baking all the way. Last night I thought it was maybe because the bananas I had on hand were rather large, so I added an extra 1/8c almond flour today. They were better, still seemed awfully wet (banana wet, not uncooked wet) and they puffed up a tad more ( I added 1/4 tsp baking powder as well this time). Your’s actually look like muffins, mine not so much. I need them to look pretty too, not just taste great. Any thoughts? Thanks!! Loving your recipes πŸ™‚ Amber

• I just took my batch of your muffins out of the oven. They smell great. But I do have a question or two….

I decided I wanted a full dozen, so I doubled the recipe and followed the directions, the only difference being I put paper cups into my standard 3″ diameter muffin tin. When I went to fill the muffin cups, I was only able to complete 8 muffins, and even then there was barely enough to put more than a dollup on top of the cinnamon mixture.

Are my muffin cups to large? Mine did rise a small bit, reaching the top of the muffin cup and the tops are all very flat unlike yours which are crumble looking. I am not concerned about the flat tops but doubling a recipe for 6 muffins should have yielded 12 muffins.

Any help with this dilemma would be appreciated for further batches.

Regards,

Leah

• Hi Lexi

Thanks for the great recipe! I tried this evening and they taste great, however I have put them in the fridge and now they have gone completely soggy.. Is this meant to happen???

Sophie

• Just re-stating what Leah said, above. I LOVE your recipes, my family loves these muffins, but doubling the recipe I can get to 9 muffins. Seems like the quantities are a bit off?
      Thanks for your website!

• Just made these as a spur of the moment – best clean muffins I have made to date! I agree with some of the ladies, I managed to make about 4 muffins with the above quantities – but you also stated it would make 6 small muffins so I was anticipating less anyways. Mine also turned out all brown rather than a light colour, but the texture was spot on!
      Will definitely make this again! Thank you!

• Just made these and turned out great! Wonderful texture! Doubled the recipe and made 9 nice size muffins πŸ™‚ But realized I forgot the vanilla πŸ™ Still taste great but followed the recipe, vanilla listed in ingredients, but not in the wet ingredient list as I was following instructions

• I am so happy to have found your website through Instagram. I absolutely love your recipes. They are so simple to make and delicious! I tried three types of muffins and we loved them all. These were my husband’s favorite! I also love that you have small batch recipes. So perfect!!

• I just made these muffins. They are delicious! I doubled the recipe and got 12 small muffins, filled about 3/4 the way. They didn’t rise and are pretty flat but I don’t mind as I’m just making them for my family. I didn’t add the maple syrup ‘topping’ I just made the base batter and added 2 tablespoons of cinnamon to it (I love cinnamon). I also added a few frozen blueberries to the top of each uncooked muffin. I love how these turned out! The muffin is VERY moist, but I knew with bananas and coconut oil they wouldn’t be your typical fluffy muffin. Even without the maple syrup these are PLENTY sweet for me, and my toddler loves them!

• Mallaree Niner says:

Lexi,
      I am cooking my way through your cookbook but have recently been craving muffins. I am making these for the second time tonight. Quick, easy, and delicious!! Your recipes are quickly become staples in my home.

Thank you!

• Stacy Weber says:

I noticed a lot of your muffin recipes call for almond flour. My daughter has an allergy….is there another flour I could substitute?

Thanks!!

• Made these muffins this morning. They are delicious!!! Moist and flavourful! Will definitely be making them again!