My local Whole Foods Market had a sale today… and I love a good sale! $1.99 for Organic Strawberries. That is a serious steal. I decided to stock up and make a batch of my Chunky Strawberry Chia Seed Jam. What does this go perfectly with? Oh well… just about everything! On top of your morning oatmeal, spread on some toast, or mixed with almond butter to make a nut butter and jelly dip (oh yeah, that’s happening)… endless possibilities!
Ingredients: (should make 2 containers worth)
- 5 cups organic strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and cut
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Rinse strawberries well and cut into pieces
- In a bowl, pour honey over strawberries
- Mix together and let sit for 20 minutes
- Transfer mixture to a pot
- Add lemon juice, and lightly smash strawberries with a potato masher
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer
- Once simmering for 5 minutes, add chia seeds
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often to avoid sticking
- Once thick, remove from heat, let cool and store in air-tight containers for up to one week.
Benefits of Raw Honey:
- Rich in B vitamins
- Antiviral, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties
- Promotes body and digestive health
- Strengthens the immune system
Benefits of Chia Seeds:
- Loaded with iron, calcium, omega 3′s, magnesium, and antioxidants
- Mineral powerhouse
- Natural detoxifier
- Improves health of hair, skin, and nails
Delicious & Easy Snack Idea:
Paleo “PB & J” Dip:
- 1 heaping tbsp raw almond butter
- 1 heaping tbsp homemade jam
- Fruit of choice (I like it with an organic gala apple or a banana)
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!