This Loaded Paleo Breakfast Hash is such a delicious hash for weekend BRUNCH or when you are craving breakfast for dinner! The spicy chicken sausage and bacon pair so perfectly with the sweet potato, onions, and peppers.
Normally when preparing sweet potatoes for breakfast I make these Roasted Cinnamon Sweet Potato Home Fries. But today, seeing as it was a ‘breakfast for dinner’ kind of night, I decided to be adventurous. I loaded up my skillet and cooked up a hash that was a huge hit. This loaded hash with eggs and hot sauce… I think I could be in heaven!
Loaded Paleo Breakfast Hash
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Optional: 2 organic chicken sausages, pre-cooked and sliced
- Optional: 4 pieces nitrate-free bacon, pre-cooked and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté oil and garlic over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add in sweet potato and cook for 5 minutes, or until the potato starts to soften.
- Add in peppers, onion, and tomato and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes, stirring often. If you want to reduce the cooking time, cover the pan at this stage until the sweet potato is fork tender.
- Mix in chopped sausage, bacon, salt and pepper and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in fresh spinach, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Remove from heat and serve hot.
- Optional: Top with fresh organic over easy eggs
- *To get your eggs perfect, cook them slow over medium/low heat with the pan covered.
- *Photos updated April, 2016.
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!