Looking for the perfect Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies? These are soft, chewy, chocolate-y, and simply delicious. They are easy to make and are sure to be a hit in your home! You won’t be able to tell that they are gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo-friendly!
Ahhh feels like home… a warm chocolate chip cookie dipped in milk (or in my house, almond milk). I love the smell of cookies in the oven, I mean who doesn’t, right?
These Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are a treat, and one you don’t have to feel quite as guilty about. This is one of my favorite recipes with great reviews!
I like to sprinkle the cookies with a coarse flaky sea salt before baking, because sea salt and chocolate are the ultimate combo in cookies!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon grass-fed butter, at room temperature (sub coconut oil for fully dairy-free)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Optional: Sprinkle with coarse sea salt
- Position oven rack to the middle of your oven and preheat oven to 350°F. The middle rack will ensure even baking.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl combine egg, honey, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Drop tablespoons of dough on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes (for soft, slightly undercooked cookies- my favorite!) or 12 minutes (for fully cooked cookies).
- Let cool and serve (perhaps with a glass of almond milk)!
- Using grass-fed butter is my preferred method for delicious copy-cat Tollhouse style cookies, but you can use coconut oil if you are dairy-free.
- Yields: 14 medium size cookies
- Images updated in March, 2017.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!