I used to LOVE the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps from PF Chang’s. Once I stopped eating soy (amongst other things), the possibility to ever order this dish flew out the window. I knew I had to recreate it.
Here you have it, my friends. A clean, healthy version of the beloved Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with a creamy ‘peanut’ sauce! Grain-free, paleo-friendly, soy-free, sugar-free, and Whole30 approved!
Is there anything better than biting into a delicious umami flavored lettuce wrap? Such a perfect healthy lunch or dinner that is simple to prepare!
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
Chicken & Veggies
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup grated or shredded carrots
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Paleo ’Peanut’ Sauce
- In a bowl combine marinade ingredients and chicken and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add in onion and and garlic. Sauté until onions turn translucent.
- Add mushrooms and let cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until mushrooms soften and begin to brown.
- Add in marinated chicken, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, and cook chicken until no pink remains. Cover the pan to decrease cooking time.
- Add bean sprouts, scallions, grated carrot, spinach, and basil. Let cook for 5 more minutes or until bean sprouts are translucent and the spinach has wilted.
- Taste and add additional salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes as desired. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut sauce ingredients.
- To Assemble;
Lay out lettuce leaves on a plate and add fill with Thai chicken mixture
Garnish with paleo 'peanut' sauce, scallions and sesame seeds if using.
Omit peanut sauce for Whole30 Compliant!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!