These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies are the perfect Fall treat!
Fall is coming! Or at least that’s how the weather feels today here in Boston. I am lucky to have the best of both worlds; I have the joys of living in the city and the benefit of working far out in the suburbs near some great local farms, and with students (who are seriously just the best) who also bring me fresh eggs right from their backyards. What is better then that? Ideal to me, at least.
So today, as I made my daily stop at the local farm, I watched as they began loading up their bins with apples, and began making room for the pumpkins to start flying in. I can’t help but get excited. I love everything about the Fall season. From the produce, the baking, the sweater and boots weather, to the foliage- New Englanders, you feel me? Never saw foliage quite as beautiful until I moved here!
You can’t go wrong with chocolate chip cookies, right?! No, you can’t. These are really just perfect.
Soft, lightly sweetened, chocolate chip cookies!
Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or grass-fed butter)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice, more to taste
- ¼ cup or more chocolate chips
- Optional: 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Optional: Additional pumpkin pie spice sprinkled over cookies (I recommend!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl sift together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in pumpkin puree, egg, honey, oil, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Drop tablespoons of dough on a lined baking sheet (I cover mine with my slip at or parchment paper), and lightly flatten.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through to your desired amount.
- Let cool and serve.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/