Happy MONDAY, you guys! Remember the epic Valentine’s Day, Spring Salads, and Mother’s Day Brunch round-ups this past year? Well, my lovely and talented blogger friends and I are back at it! Bringing you recipes that’ll fuel your family for the start of a new school year.
BONUS! We’re also giving away TWO $100 Amazon gift cards below, to help you get started on that back-to-school shopping!
Personally, I am headed back into my classroom today, and my students arrive on Wednesday. So that meals Sunday meal prep will be in full-force. It means I need my energy!
You’ll find a Vanilla Breakfast Quinoa Bowl from Fit Foodie Finds, my new Crispy (and nut-free) Chicken Strips, Two-Bite Hidden Veggie Brownies from The Healthy Maven, and an after school Almond Joy Smoothie from Nosh and Nourish!
Let’s start with breakfast, shall we?
Vanilla Bean Breakfast Quinoa from Lee @ Fit Foodie Finds! A great, delicious, and nutritious breakfast. Now, you’re going to want to throw these Hidden Veggie Two-Bite Brownies in your kids lunch box, along with yours! From Davida, The Healthy Maven.
Along with those bites, pack my new Crispy (paleo and nut-free) Chicken Strips with a side of your kiddos favorite dipping sauce (and a veggie).
Scroll all the way down for the recipe!Lastly, make this Almond Joy Smoothie from Kelly at Nosh and Nourish for that after school deliciousness!
Now, let’s talk about those tenders. Crispy, breaded, tender, delicious, nut-free, and baked! Great for those nut-free classrooms you may or may not have!
Paleo and Nut-Free Crispy Chicken Strips
Write a review
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a bowl combine flours, salt, and pepper
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs
- Dip sliced chicken breasts into egg, then dredge in flour mixture- repeat until all chicken is coated
- Place chicken on lined baking sheet
- Bake until crispy and golden, flipping halfway through, but juicy in the center* (for me this was about 10 minutes each side)
- *Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken. Make sure to keep an on eye on them to avoid overcooking.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/
Pin it for later:
We all know the school year can be EXPENSIVE. So we teamed up to give two readers a head start with an Amazon gift card, to make things a little bit easier for you!