Roasted Potato Wedges
Crispy on the outside, creamy in the middle and perfectly seasoned, these Roasted Potato Wedges are the best side dish ever. And we’re sharing all of our tips for roasting potatoes so they come out perfect every time!
The Best Roasted Potato Wedges
If you are a french fry lover, you are going to absolutely love this recipe! These Roasted Potato Wedges are a healthier alternative to fries yet so much more delicious. They’re super crispy on the outside (without actually being fried) and creamy on the inside. They are the best wedge fries ever, and perfect to pair with all of your favorite comfort foods. These wedge fries are lightly seasoned, but once you’ve got the base recipe down, the possibilities are endless in terms of flavor options.
How To Cut the Perfect Wedges
If you thought it would be complicated to cut the perfect wedges for a potato, I’m so happy to tell you it’s not! To cut the perfect wedges, start with scrubbed and dried russet potatoes. Russet potatoes typically are on the larger side, but truly size doesn’t matter here because using this technique, your wedges will all turn to the same size regardless of the size of the potato.
- Place the potato on a flat steady surface. Cut the potato in half lengthwise.
- Then place those halves flat side down. Then cut each halve in half lenthwise.
- Then repeat that process one more time, resulting in 8 even wedges.
- Repeat with all potatoes.
How to Make Roasted Potatoes
This isn’t rocket science, but there are a few key important steps to making the best crispy wedge fries.
- Start by preheating your oven and lining a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. This helps the potatoes not stick to the sheet tray.
- Then, carefully cut potatoes into 8 even wedges. Making sure they are even ensures they all cook crisp, without some burning.
- Toss the potato wedges along with the remaining ingredients to a bowl. Don’t skimp on the oil here. Oil is what is going to make this nice and crispy.
- Transfer potatoes to the baking sheet, making sure that they are spaced evenly apart with the flat side of the potato touching the baking sheet. This ensures they roast, instead of steam! If you need to, use two baking sheets to ensure at least 1/2″ of space between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, then flip the potatoes over. Then continue to bake for another 10 minutes or until crispy.
We’ve seasoned these with our favorite basic choices of paprika, garlic powder and oregano. Feel free to switch up the flavor profile and use different seasoning options or add-in’s:
- Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Garlic
- Curry Powder
- Chipotle Powder
- Chili Powder
- Taco Seasoning
- Cajun Seasoning
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Classic Salt & Pepper
Sauces to Dip
We love this with good old ketchup or marinara sauce, but there are so many different options for spicing things up with wedge fries.
Other options include:
Want to keep your fries crispy?
Watch the video here:
If you like this Wedge Fries recipe, check out these others:
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Honey Mustard
- Oven-Baked Zucchini Fries
- Oven-Baked Eggplant Fries (Low Carb)
- Loaded Kimchi Fries
Roasted Potato Wedges
Crispy on the outside, creamy in the middle and perfectly seasoned, these Roasted Potato Wedges are the best side dish ever. And we're sharing all of our tips for roasting potatoes so they come out perfect every time!
- Preheat oven to 425ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully cut potatoes in 8 wedges.
- Add potato wedges and remaining ingredients to a bowl and toss together.
- Transfer potatoes to the baking sheet, making sure that they are spaced evenly apart and that the flat side of the potatoes are touching the baking sheet. If needed, use two baking sheets to make sure they have at least ½” of space between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, then flip the potatoes over and then bake for another 10 minutes until crispy.
April 15, 2020
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!