St. Paddy’s Day is around the corner and whether you have Irish roots or not, it’s all about all things GREEN. Green smoothies, green pancakes, green cupcakes. Am I right? Yes, definitely right. At least about the green pancakes!
I’m really into hidden veggies lately. My neighbor has the most adorable toddler who doesn’t love eating veggies. After talking with her about sneaking veggies into food for her kids, I knew getting creative to do so would be fun; and can be holiday-festive, too! These are not only perfect for your stubborn junk-food loving kiddo, but spouse and adults alike. Now let’s nourish your family with a festive breakfast packed with good-for-you ingredients!
Side note: You don’t taste the veggies one bit in these. Kid-approved!
- In a bowl combine almond flour, tapioca, baking powder, and dash of sea salt. Add in eggs and mix.
- In your blender, blend spinach and apple sauce until smooth then add to your batter. Mix well to combine.
- Add in chocolate chips or add-ins of choice.
- Heat grass-fed butter in a skillet over medium heat and pour in batter into circles.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Continue with remaining batter.
- Transfer to a plate and serve!
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
Find more hidden veggie recipes here!
Have you experimented with hidden veggies? How do you sneak veggies in for your family?
hashtag with us!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!