This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Chocolate Peppermint Baked Oatmeal is the perfect breakfast for a crowd and so easy to make! It is as good freshly baked as it is for meal prep. This festive flavor combination of chocolate and peppermint is sure to be a favorite! It is dairy and refined sugar free and a great fiber-rich breakfast or snack! Made in partnership with my friends at Carrington Farms!
Chocolate Peppermint Baked Oatmeal
The holidays are right around the corner and we know that this Chocolate Peppermint Baked Oatmeal will be a crowd pleaser on a leisurely morning surrounded by family and friends. Or really, anytime! We’ve taken our classic oatmeal bake recipe and made it festive with chocolate and peppermint and it is SO DELICIOUS! You can customize how much of a “treat” you want it to be with the amount of maple syrup and chocolate chips added.
What is baked oatmeal?
Baked oatmeal is essentially an oatmeal casserole! It combines oats, milk of choice, flavoring and eggs with hands-off baking in the oven!
How do you make baked oatmeal?
It’s so easy!
- Combine your dry ingredients.
- Add in your wet ingredients.
- Pour into your greased, or lined with parchment paper, baking dish.
This post was made in partnership with Carrington Farms! If you haven’t heard of this brand before, Carrington Farms makes delicious, ethically sourced, non-genetically modified products made from simple, clean, and real ingredients that are easy to incorporate into every lifestyle. Their innovation-forward and family-centric company is dedicated to providing the highest quality and most accessible natural foods for anyone looking to make better health choices.
If you take a look at their website, they offer so many natural products that make managing healthy habits easy. In our Chocolate Peppermint Baked Oatmeal recipe we are using unflavored Organic Liquid Coconut Cooking Oil that helps keep a great texture and moisture level. It’s an alternative to traditional oils, that remains liquid all the time but still retains all the benefits of traditional coconut oil, like MCTs (which are utilized by the body for energy production and can aid in calorie burning) but it doesn’t taste like coconut! It’s totally neutral in flavor and this is key for me because I only like tasting the coconut flavor in food that is supposed to taste like coconut!
How do you serve baked oatmeal?
There are a few ways you can serve baked oatmeal, besides digging right in with a spoon! You can scoop out a serving into a bowl and add a little extra milk of choice, like a warm cereal. You can slice it and eat is as warm or cold. This makes it a great meal prep options as you can bake it and eat some immediately and pack the rest away for later.
Like this breakfast for a crowd? Check out these others:
- Sheet Pan Chorizo and Egg Bake
- Sheet Pan Classic Breakfast Bake
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos
- Eggs Benedict Breakfast Bar
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
Chocolate Peppermint Baked Oatmeal
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup maple syrup see note
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Cooking Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips optional
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8" x 8" oven-safe dish. If desired, prepare a parchment sling by cutting out a piece of parchment paper slightly longer than the pan and placing it inside.
- To the wet ingredients add oats, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, chia, baking powder, and salt and mix until fully combined.
- Pour into prepared 8"x 8" dish and bake for 40 minutes, until the center is just barely firm.
- Scoop and serve warm as is or with almond milk, or cool and slice into 9 square portions.
This post is sponsored by Carrington Farms. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!