I love the warm weather. It seriously makes me so happy. Sunshine does some amazing things, my friends. I mean, I feel like all Winter I hibernated and now we’re BACK. Ya with me?
Like last night for example. We went into Boston and had the best dinner at Wink & Nod. The concept is really cool- it is essentially a rotating kitchen where every 6 month a new chef runs the kitchen and experiment with creative and bold dishes to pair with their cocktails. This month the Chef Patrick whipped up some amazing cuisine inspired by the Philippines, Malaysia, Japan, Thailand, and many more. It was a seriously awesome night with some amazing #Boston bloggers (so so full). Love to the awesome Sarah from Sarahfit and all the talented ladies I met- Monica, Katie, and Becky!
So speaking of warm weather and fun Spring and Summer night’s out, let’s get the grill ready to go! I mean, I’ve fully taken advantage of the warm weather/no oven cooking the past few days. The absolute perfect refreshing side is this watermelon salad. Seriously. So perfect.
This watermelon salad is packed with the perfect warm weather flavors: Sweet watermelon drizzled with delicious olive oil, garnished with toasted almonds, bacon, mint, sliced red onion, and a sweet Basil Ginger Dressing. This will be a BBQ hit all summer long!
My blogger friends and I are back to bring you BBQ sides that are perfect all Spring and Summer long. You really cannot go wrong with these, they are all gluten and dairy-free and veggie-packed!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad from Brittany of Eating Bird Food
Healthy Asian Snap Pea Salad from Davida of The Healthy Maven
Pineapple Coleslaw from Lee of Fit Foodie Finds
Sweet Potato Salad with Avocado Pesto from Taylor of Food Faith Fitness
Have 15 minutes or less? My watermelon salad is the perfect combination of savory and sweet, and screams SUMMER (okay, Spring).
Watermelon Salad with Basil-Ginger Dressing
Write a review
- 1 medium watermelon
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash fine pink sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Optional: 1/3 cup feta cheese (leave out for dairy-free & vegan)
- Optional: 4 strips crispy bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- In a bowl place cubed watermelon
- Drizzle olive oil and sea salt over it
- In a skillet over medium heat, toast almonds
- Cook bacon using your desired method
- Assemble the salad by adding your sliced onion, bacon, feta, almonds, and mint leaves
- In a blender, blend dressing ingredients until smooth and drizzle over salad
- Serve immediately
- Serving size will depend on the size of your watermelon
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/