Italian Pasta Salad
A twist on the classic, this Italian Pasta Salad uses pantry staples for a refreshing side dish on those warm spring and summer nights. Bring it along for a picnic, or pair it with protein for a light dinner. It’s also easily customizable based off what you have on hand!
Italian Pantry Pasta Salad
Ready for the most delicious Italian Pasta Salad made with simple pantry staples? This dish is born out of the love of zesty Italian flavors and the desire to use up our stocked pantry shelves to make a quick side dish (or even dinner)! This pasta salad is zesty and full of flavor thanks to tangy additions like sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes. It’s hearty enough to serve on it’s own, or you can pair it with a protein. It’s optionally dairy-free and made without any mayo!
Italian Pasta Salad Ingredients
- Red Onion
- Canned White Bean
- Canned Artichokes
- Kalamata Olives
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Dried Oregano
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese (totally optional)
If you are looking to branch out from the pantry, there are many other additions that would be great with this pasta salad. Some of our favorites:
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Roasted Red Peppers
The Pasta Salad Dressing
This dressing couldn’t be simpler to make, simply add the oil and vinegar to a mason jar and shake it up! If you don’t have a mason jar, simply whisk it together in a bowl. The instructions call for adding just half of the dressing to the pasta salad at first. Cooked pasta has a tendency to soak up any liquid, so right before serving you will add some or all of the reserved salad dressing, to taste.
Proteins to Pair to Make it a Meal
This is the perfect side dish to pair with just about any grilled main dish, but it would also make a great summer dinner or lunch meal prep. Pair it with a protein to make it a but more substantial:
If you like this pasta salad, check out these others:
Italian Pasta Salad
A twist on the classic, this Italian Pasta Salad uses pantry staples for a chill side dish to serve on those warm spring and summer nights. Bring it along for a picnic, or pair it with protein for a light dinner. It's also easily customizable based off what you have on hand and so delicious.
- 12 ounces pasta (we used gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichokes, drained and chopped
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, optional
- ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, optional
- Parsley, finely minced
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Rinse well under cool water and drain.
- Meanwhile add olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper (to taste) to a mason jar. Close the lid and shake it up. Alternatively, whisk it together in a bowl.
- To a large bowl add the cooked pasta, onion, beans, artichokes, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, dried oregano parmesan cheese and parsley. Pour in half of the red wine vinegar dressing and toss together. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. When ready to serve, toss with additional dressing to taste.
- Pasta salad will keep for up to 2 days.
- We tested this with a few different types of gluten-free pasta. Brown rice pasta is slightly hard when cold, while other brands that containing white rice flour, corn flour or soy flour stayed soft when cold. We’d recommend if you want to use brown rice pasta not making it too far ahead of time to keep it the correct consistency.
May 13, 2020
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!