This year I joined a local CSA and cannot believe it has taken me this long to get involved in one. So many of you ask how to shop and eat clean on a budget, and I highly recommend joining a local CSA to help with your shopping. For the money we spent for the 20 weeks, the amount of produce we get weekly is AMAZING. I am making all the fresh veggies with dinner. And lunch. And breakfast!
Like this delicious summer squash pasta.
Probably one of the easiest, most delicious, light dinners around.
Perfect for SUMMER!
My hand model Mike helping me mix up the delicious summer-y sauce.
And here you have it, easy scallop ‘pasta’!
- 1 lb. fresh scallops
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Pacific Organic Chicken Bone Stock
- 1 tsp fine pink sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper, more to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 small bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 3-4 summer squash or zucchini
- 4 strips crispy bacon
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over scallops and set aside
- Add butter to your skillet and sauté minced garlic and onion for 5-7 minutes, stirring often
- Add in scallops and sear for 3 minutes on each side
- Once scallops are seared, add in broth, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Mix to combine, reduce heat, and let simmer for 7-10 minutes, until broth thickens slightly and flavors meld together
- Taste, add in basil, and adjust spices as desired
- While cooking, make bacon as desired and set aside
- Use your spiralizer to spiralize squash
- In a skillet heat an additional tbsp of oil or butter and sauté veggie noodles for 5 minutes, tossing often
- Place noodles in a bowl, top with scallops and sauce, add additional fresh basil and garnish with bacon
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Pacific Foods. All opinions on Lexi’s Clean Kitchen are always my own. My sponsors help make LCK possible!
What is your favorite Summer dinner?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!