Easy Homemade Caesar Salad
A classic for a reason, this Easy Homemade Caesar Salad is crunchy, creamy and so delicious! Serve it as is, or with a quick grilled chicken breast to make for the best Caesar Salad ever.
Quick Caesar Salad
Don’t overlook this classic salad, because if it’s been a while since you’ve had one, you may have forgotten how very delicious it is! Caesar salads, when made right, have crisp, fresh bite-sized pieces of romaine, lightly dressed in a tangy and bright creamy dressing, punctuated with a crunchy crouton and pungent fresh parmesan cheese. All of these elements come together to create a super delicious salad that is worth enough to stand on its own, or it could be made into a dinner-worthy salad by adding in some protein.
Here is a brief overview of the ingredients needed to make a caesar salad. For the full recipe, scroll down.
- Homemade Mayo (or store-bought)
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lemon Juice
- Dijon Mustard
- Anchovy Paste (optional)
- Salt + Pepper
- Homemade Croutons
- Parmesan Cheese
- Romaine Lettuce
How to Get the Make Cheese Shavings
If you can’t find shaved parmesan cheese in the stores, it’s easy to make at home. Simply use a vegetable peeler to peel away pieces of cheese from a whole block of parmesan!
A homemade Caesar is delicious enough to serve on its own. But if you want to make it a full meal, you can add on a protein or fat such as:
- Grilled chicken
- Grilled or broiled shrimp
Do I Need to Make the Croutons at Home?
In short, we really recommend you make the croutons at home. They are so different than store-bought croutons. They’re much more flavorful and with a better texture. Plus, they’re quite simple. We’ve written a post about making Homemade Croutons, so you can check that out. But in short, to make croutons you need to:
- Cut or tear the bread.
- Toss with olive oil and seasoning.
- Bake until lightly browned and toasted.
How to Make Caesar Dressing
This recipe opts for a quick Ceasar dressing made from mayo. While it’s awesome if you can make your own homemade mayo, it also can be made with store-bought mayo too.
After you have your mayo, all you need to do is whisk together the ingredients! Traditionally Ceasar is made with anchovy. It gives it that authentic umami flavor to it. However, we realize most people don’t have anchovy already at home, so you can skip it if you want!
Love Caeser recipes? Check out these:
- Baked Chicken Caesar Salad Burgers
- Gluten-Free Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Grilled Caesar Salad With Blackened Shrimp
Looking for more salad recipes? Check these out:
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Salad
- Easy BBQ Chicken Salad
- Chicken Fajita Salad
- Cheeseburger Salad with Mustard Dressing
Easy Homemade Caesar Salad
A classic for a reason, this Easy Homemade Caesar Salad is crunchy, creamy and so delicious! Serve it as is, or with a quick grilled chicken breast to make for the best Caesar salad ever.
- Prep Time: 00:15
- Cook Time: 00:10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salads
For Caesar Dressing:
- ½ cup mayo, homemade or store-bought
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- Pine sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 large head of romaine (about 6 cups), cleaned well, chopped
- ¾ cup shaved parmesan (see notes)
- 1–½ cup homemade croutons (or store-bought can work in a pinch)
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl or mason jar and whisk together. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad: Add romaine, parmesan, croutons and half of the dressing into a large bowl. Toss together to combine.
- Divide evenly onto four plates. Sprinkle a couple of extra croutons and parmesan cheese on top of the plates, as well as some fresh black pepper. Serve immediately with extra dressing on the side.
To make parmesan shavings, shave off pieces from a whole block of parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 900mg
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
Keywords: Homemade Caesar salad
April 28, 2021
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!