We are officially midway through August. When did that happen? The kiddos will begin going back to school, and the busy days will arrive. Life for me come September will surely be different. I won’t be heading back to my classroom to those eager adorable artists, but rather home working on LCK & the Lexi’s Clean Kitchen Cookbook (eeeeeee!!!!!)
While I won’t be running out the door to my classroom, I’ll be running around to a million other events, meetings, and so on and so forth. So easy & healthy are on my mind.
These French Toast Cups are the perfect breakfast, on-the-go. Easy to make, and are gluten, grain, dairy-free, & paleo friendly! Make ahead at the beginning of the week and have a delicious breakfast all week long.
All you need is a pour of syrup and you are out the door!
Before we dive into today’s awesome back-to-school french toast cups that kids and adults will swoon over… my blogging girlfriends and I are back, with healthy back-to-school meal ideas + a pretty epic giveaway!
Don’t those all look incredible? Sandwiches, snacks, pizzas, chocolate, breakfast. Let’s DO THIS, school year!
Mexican Avocado Spread Sandwiches with Sprouts from Food Faith Fitness
Easy Gluten-Free Margarita Pizza from Fit Foodie Finds
Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread from Running to the Kitchen
Buffalo Chicken Salad from The Healthy Maven
Sunbutter Backpack Kisses from Eating Bird Food
And now… my Grab-and-Go French Toast Cups.
Bite-sized perfection, ready to accompany you on those busy mornings.
Grab a few out of the fridge, heat, pour a little syrup (grab a napkin), and go.
Grab-and-Go French Toast Cups
Write a review
- 1 double-batch of my Sandwich Rolls, using a loaf pan*
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter, for greasing
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (coconut, cashew, or almond)
- 1/4 cup syrup, for serving
- 2 tbsp organic powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or maple sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon
- Make batch of bread following directions on the recipe
- Once cooled, cut into cubes
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and milk
- Dip bread into the mixture covering all sides of the bread, repeat until all sticks are coated
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes until bread is soaked
- Line a muffin tin with silicone baking liners
- Place 4-6 pieces of the coated bread, or more until filled
- Pour any remaining egg mixture into each tin once filled
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until no longer wet
- Serve with organic powdered sugar and maple syrup
- Store remaining in the refrigerator until ready to eat
- *Double the recipe and bake in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper
Lexi's Clean Kitchen http://lexiscleankitchen.com/