This Chicken Milanese is the perfect healthy spin on the Italian dish! It’s made with a paleo breaded chicken, topped with fresh tomatoes and served with a lemon dressed arugula salad. It’s the perfect late summer meal that is grain-free and totally delicious.
Paleo Breaded Chicken Recipe
Fried chicken, you guys! But not just any fried chicken, but paleo breaded chicken pan fried with healthy fats! This nutrient-dense delicious chicken recipe will be loved by all and nobody will know it’s grain-free! This chicken is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. I love chicken made Milanese style- which is fried in a pan and and topped with arugula, tomato, and layers of freshly grated parmesan! I like to serve mine with a few a bit of good quality parmesan but feel free to omit if you are totally dairy free!
- Chicken Breasts
- Tapioca Flour
- Ground Flaxseed
- Coconut Flour
- Sea Salt and Ground Pepper
- Avocado Oil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
If you like this chicken recipe, check out these others:
- How to Cook a Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders (Keto)
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Ultimate Fried Chicken (Gluten-Free)
Paleo Breaded Chicken
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flours, salt, and ground black pepper.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs.
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and pepper. Using a meat pounder, gently pound chicken until it is 1/4 inch thick. Place on a cutting board, and slice chicken breasts in half.
- Dip sliced chicken breasts into the egg, then dredge in flour mixture, dip back into the egg mixture, and into the flour one more time. Dipping the chicken in the egg and flour mixtures twice helps create an extra thick and crispy crust. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- In a large skillet, heat oil until hot and shimmering.
- Place chicken in the skillet and let fry for 5-8 minutes on each side. Cook until chicken is crispy and golden-brown, but juicy in the center.
- Toss arugula and tomatoes with oil, lemon, salt, and pepper. Add-in parmesan if using.
- Place a bed of arugula on a plate and add chicken. Top with a handful of tomatoes and arugula. Serve warm with a few wedges of lemon.
- *Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken. Make sure to keep an on eye on them to avoid overcooking. Make sure to add more oil if needed during the cooking process.
- ** Pictures updated May 8th, 2017.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!