Growing up, Chicken Marsala was a staple in our house. My Mom made it often, and I never ever got sick of it! I am so excited finally share this cleaner and healthier version with you made with no white flour and made in ONE PAN. Serve it over gluten-free pasta or completely on its own!
I am so excited to partner with my friends at Pacific Foods to bring you today’s recipe. The Organic Chicken Broth is a staple in my pantry! It adds such a great flavor to sauces, soups, and even when cooking rice. I even use it in the slurry used to thicken this dish instead of water!
The flavors from the ‘breaded’ chicken, caramelized mushrooms, and Marsala reduction sauce make for a delicious take on this Italian-American classic! Paleo-friendly, gluten-free, and you only need ONE-PAN!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, more if needed
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 8 ounce container mushrooms, cleaned and sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, more to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes, more to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Place arrowroot flour in a wide shallow bowl and set aside. Place chicken in a plastic bag, and using the flat side of a meat pounder or a rolling pin, gently pound chicken to 1/4 inch thick.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in the arrowroot flour, shaking off the excess flour. Transfer to a plate. Make sure there is a good amount of space between each piece of chicken on the plate.
- In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons butter and add chicken to the skillet. Working in batches, cook until brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside. Add more butter between batches if necessary.
- In the skillet, add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms have released their juices and browned. Should take about 8-12 minutes. Add shallots and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add more butter to the pan if needed.
- Add the masala wine and bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes, letting the alcohol burn out. Pour in the chicken broth, lemon juice, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and the slurry. Let cook down for 2-3 minutes.
- Place chicken back in the sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot over rice, pasta, or on its own!
This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods. All opinions are always 100% my own!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!