When I hosted a brunch with these Paleo Chocolate Donuts on the table, this first comment made was “are they fried?” No, no my friends. These are clean, healthy, and baked… oh, and beyond delicious. Just little chocolate cake in the form of donuts. What’s better than that?
Paleo Chocolate Donuts
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pure organic applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- Optional: Sprinkle with unsweetened dried coconut
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon dried strawberry powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees °F. Grease a donut pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Add in wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
3. Pour batter into greased donut pan and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.When donuts are done, let cool on a baking rack.
4. In two small mixing bowls, mix the chocolate and strawberry glaze ingredients seperatly and set aside until the donuts have cooled.
5. Once cooled, drizzle glaze over donuts and devour!
- This recipe was updated on January 26th, 2017.
- You can place the donuts in the refrigerator to help cool faster while you make the chocolate and/or strawberry glaze.
- *Calories: 143
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!