This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These three-ingredient roasted cinnamon sweet potatoes make for the perfect sheet-pan side-dish! If you haven’t tried the combination of cinnamon and sweet potatoes yet, this is a must-make! So simple, caramelized goodness, and so full of flavor!
Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
I love how versatile sweet potatoes are! If you’ve made my Sweet Potato Toasts or Sweet Potato Tuna Melts, you know they can be a staple recipe and pairs well with just about anything! The combination of sweet potato and cinnamon always makes me think of fall! It truly is such a warming and flavorful combination.
Sweet potato cubes tossed with oil, salt, and cinnamon, then roasted to caramelized perfection have become a staple in my home! Perfect vegan side dish for meal prep and to have on hand for any meal throughout the week!
This vegan sweet potato recipe couldn’t be easier! Scroll for the full recipe to see how it comes together!
- Sweet Potatoes: Any variety!
- Avocado Oil or Olive Oil: Any oil, or even butter, works great here. If using butter, melt it!
- Ground Cinnamon: The key to the best roasted sweet potatoes.
- Sea Salt: Use good quality, fine sea salt, and even add some flakey salt to garnish afterwards, if you’d like!
Tools I Used:
The Best Sweet Potato Variety
I love using classic garnet or jewel sweet potatoes here! I also love using Japanese sweet potatoes, which have a white flesh!
How To Cut Your Sweet Potatoes
Feel free to get creative with how you cut the sweet potatoes! Dice them into cubes (1-inch chunks), or cut them into wedges, thin circles, or sweet potato fries.
How to Roast Sweet Potatoes
- Cut them evenly: Try to cut your sweet potatoes as evenly as you can, into 1-inch cubes!
- Be generous with your oil: Use good quality oil (butter works here, too!), and use enough to coat the sweet potatoes evenly.
- Lots of flavors go well with sweet potatoes: All we are using is good salt and ground cinnamon (the best combination!), but you can add other seasoning as desired: garlic granules, black pepper, thyme, etc.
- Roast them right! You don’t want to make your oven too hot, where they will burn, but 400 degrees is just right to cook them a bit slower, but results in that perfect caramelization that we want!
- Avoid soggy sweet potatoes! We got this! Simply spread them out in an even layer with enough room so that they aren’t crowded!
Health Benefits of Cinnamon
Cinnamon is one of the healthiest spices and one I use almost daily. It’s really great for digestion, and is loaded with antioxidants and filled with anti-inflammatory properties.
What to Serve These With
I make a batch of cinnamon sweet potatoes weekly for meal prep, to have with lunches or dinners, and for our daughter Skylar! These roasted cinnamon sweet potatoes are perfect with eggs in the morning (think home fries) or serve it with your dinner, like Seared Steak, Chimichurri Chicken, or Chili Maple Glazed Salmon, and other Oven Roasted Vegetables.
Watch the video:
Love sweet potatoes? Try these other sweet potato recipes:
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Salad
- Bacon and Sweet Potato Frittata
- Sweet Potato Chili
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Honey Mustard
Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil more as desired (see note)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of fine sea salt more to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and position oven rack to the middle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Place sweet potatoes on parchment paper and drizzle with oil, cinnamon, and sea salt. Toss to make sure all sweet potatoes are evenly coated.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, giving them a quick flip halfway through, until sweet potatoes are fully cooked, fork tender, and have a rich color!
- If this isn't enough oil to coat your sweet potatoes, drizzle a little extra!
- Butter instead of oil? Absolutely!