Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/creamy-pumpkin-casserole/
© 2016 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Creamy Pumpkin Casserole
This Creamy Pumpkin Casserole is my new favorite fall fish. This optionally dairy-free casserole has pumpkin, spinach, and chicken and is topped with a delicious pumpkin sauce and baked to perfection. It's Paleo and Whole30, too.
- 1 large spaghetti squash, about 5 cups cooked
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups pumpkin or squash of choice, peeled and diced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups spinach
- Optional: 1/3 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
For the sauce
- Cook spaghetti squash. Find instructions here.
- In a large skillet over medium heat heat 1 tablespoon oil and add onion shallots, and garlic cook for 1-2 minutes, until shallot just starts to become translucent. Add in pumpkin or squash and cook until just about tender, about 8 minutes. Add in chicken, and a big pinch of salt and pepper and continue cook until no pink remains, about 8 minutes. Add in 2 cups of spinach and cook for 3-5 minutes, until spinach starts to wilt. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix all sauce ingredients together and set aside. Grease a 8" x 8" (or similar sized) casserole dish and set aside.
- Take spaghetti squash out of oven, let cool. Using a fork scrape out the spaghetti squash into a greased casserole pan. Add in pumpkin and chicken mixture, and top with the sauce. Top with Parmesan, if desired.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, and broil for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.