This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata recipe is made with a delicious lemon caper sauce and is the perfect meal for the lemon lovers in your life! It’s made in less than 30-minutes and made in one skillet!
Gluten Free Chicken Piccata
This chicken piccata recipe with lemon, capers, and fresh herbs is one of my favorite weeknight meals EVER. It’s perfectly cooked with an amazing sauce, and comes together so easily in only one-pan. Nobody will know it’s gluten-free!
My friend Carissa LOVES Chicken Piccata and orders it everywhere, so I was on a mission to make a version that even the chicken piccata connoisseur would love!
Chicken Piccata Ingredients
- Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Arrowroot Flour
- Salt and Pepper
- Butter or Ghee
- Garlic Cloves
- Chicken Broth
What to serve with chicken piccata:
- Garlicky Green Beans
- Roasted Veggies
- Sautéed Cauliflower Rice
- Gluten-Free Pasta
- Mashed Potatoes or Mashed Parsnips
Want other gluten-free chicken recipes? Try these favorites:
Watch the video:
30 Minute Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 teaspoon fine sea salt divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 2 tablespoons butter separated (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 shallot or small onion sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place arrowroot flour in a wide shallow bowl and set aside.
- Pat chicken dry and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in the arrowroot flour, shaking off the excess flour. Transfer to a plate.
- In a skillet over medium-high, heat 1 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add chicken to skillet, working in batches if needed, to brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside. Add more oil between batches if necessary.
- Once chicken has finished, turn heat down to medium and add shallot and garlic to skillet and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, broth, capers, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to the skillet and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits and stirring to combine.
- Turn down heat to simmer and add back chicken, cooking until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add parsley, taste and add more lemon juice if desired.
Yummy. Made for the family on Valentine’s Day. Used just an egg wash without the arrowroot flour, then dipped in parmesan cheese. My grandson who is celiac, loved it as did the whole family!
Love chicken piccata and this was excellent. And who needs gluten! Doubled the sauce. Made noodles for my husband and butternut squash snoodles for me. Served with broccoli but will serve with green beans next time.
Loved the recipe! I’ll be making it weekly!
Amazing recipe! An instant family favorite. Have you made this with a vegan spread instead of butter?
I haven’t but you can!
Hi, all. This recipe is fabulous. My picky eater thought it was great. Fast, easy, delicious!!! Will definitely add it to the rotation of meals.