30 Minute Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata
This easy Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata recipe is made with a delicious lemon caper sauce and is the perfect meal for the lemon lovers in your life! It’s made in less than 30-minutes and made in one skillet!
Gluten Free Chicken Piccata
This chicken piccata recipe with lemon, capers, and fresh herbs is one of my favorite weeknight meals EVER. It’s perfectly cooked with an amazing sauce, and comes together so easily in only one-pan. Nobody will know it’s gluten-free!
My friend Carissa LOVES Chicken Piccata and orders it everywhere, so I was on a mission to make a version that even the chicken piccata connoisseur would love!
Chicken Piccata Ingredients
- Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Arrowroot Flour
- Salt and Pepper
- Butter or Ghee
- Garlic Cloves
- Chicken Broth
What to serve with chicken piccata:
- Garlicky Green Beans
- Roasted Veggies
- Sautéed Cauliflower Rice
- Gluten-Free Pasta
- Mashed Potatoes or Mashed Parsnips
Want other gluten-free chicken recipes? Try these favorites:
Watch the video:
This easy Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata recipe is made with a delicious lemon caper sauce and is the perfect meal for the lemon lovers in your life! It's made in less than 30-minutes and made in one skillet!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, separated (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 shallot or small onion, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place arrowroot flour in a wide shallow bowl and set aside.
- Pat chicken dry and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Dredge chicken in the arrowroot flour, shaking off the excess flour. Transfer to a plate.
- In a skillet over medium-high, heat 1 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon of oil. Once hot, add chicken to skillet, working in batches if needed, to brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels and set aside. Add more oil between batches if necessary.
- Once chicken has finished, turn heat down to medium and add shallot and garlic to skillet and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, broth, capers, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to the skillet and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits and stirring to combine.
- Turn down heat to simmer and add back chicken, cooking until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add parsley, taste and add more lemon juice if desired.
- If more sauce is desired to serve over pasta, double ingredients for sauce.
- Can sub ghee instead of butter!
March 14, 2018
Subscribe to Lexis Clean Living
Join our email list to get instant updates and weekly summaries of our top content and special exclusive offers along with our free clean eating kickstart guide!
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!