This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Cucumber and Sweet Pepper Salad is the perfect salad recipe. It’s made with fresh, crunchy veggies tossed with creamy avocado, everything bagel seasoning, and chili crunch oil, plus a homemade ginger dressing.
Viral Tiktok Cucumber Pepper Salad
This Asian cucumber salad recipe is my version of a recipe that went viral on Tiktok not too long ago. I saw the video and just knew I needed to recreate it. So, of course, I did! Except this version includes avocado for some extra texture and creaminess and the homemade ginger dressing from my cookbook.
And it’s so good.
This salad is packed full of unique flavors, perfectly fresh, crunchy textures, and just the right amount of spice. It comes together in just a few minutes and has a flavor that will have you going back for seconds.
You’ll quickly understand why it went viral on Tiktok!
- Cucumber: You’ll need 1 large cucumber or 4-5 small Persian cucumbers.
- Mini Sweet Bell Peppers: I use 1 bag which usually contains about 12-15 peppers.
- Avocado: The traditional Tiktok salad, but I love the creamy texture it adds.
- Ginger Dressing: I use my homemade ginger dressing, but feel free to use whatever ginger dressing you like—store-bought or homemade!
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: Adds the perfect amount of extra flavor to the salad. Don’t have this handy? Make your own DIY Everything Bagel Seasoning!
- Chili Crunch Oil: I use 1-2 teaspoons. Feel free to add more or less depending on your spice preferences.
How to Make Asian Cucumber Salad:
This fresh recipe for cucumber salad comes together in under 10 minutes—veggie prep and all!
- Prep the veggies: Cube the cucumbers into bite-sized chunks, dice the avocado, and slice the peppers.
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the ginger dressing recipe of your choice.
- Combine: Add all of the veggies into a mixing bowl, sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning, then drizzle on the ginger dressing and chili crunch oil. Stir gently to combine.
How to Prep Cucumbers for a Salad?
There really isn’t much that goes into prepping the cucumbers for this salad. Just chop them into bite-sized cubes!
Are Cucumbers Peeled for Salads?
Nope! I use either English or Persian cucumbers, both of which have a thin enough skin that peeling isn’t necessary.
If you are using another variety of cucumber with tougher skin, then I do recommend peeling.
Let’s Talk Ginger Dressing
I use this recipe, but you can use store-bought too! It would also be the perfect dressing for Shrimp Avocado Salad, The Best Spring Mix Salad Ever, or served with My Family’s Favorite Grilled Chicken Thighs or Air Fryer Salmon!
How Do You Keep Cucumber Salad from Getting Soggy?
The key to preventing a soggy cucumber avocado salad is to add the dressing just before serving.
If you are preparing the salad at all in advance, I recommend preparing the dressing, but keeping it separate. When you’re ready to serve your salad, simply drizzle on the dressing and dig in.
Tips and Notes
- Chop everything evenly. I recommend chopping the cucumber and pepper all into evenly sized pieces so they mix well together.
- Let it rest. For the best flavor, I like to let the salad chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. This allows the dressing just a little bit of time to soak into the veggies and bring it all together.
- Not a big fan of spice? Simply leave out the chili crunch oil.
There are plenty of recipes that pair with this Asian cucumber salad recipe to create the perfect, well-rounded summer meal. Here are a few ideas:
- Grilled Chicken Thighs
- My Favorite Salmon Burgers
- Thai Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Salmon
- My Go-To 10-Minute Sautéed Shrimp
- Air Fryer Steak or Seared Steak
How to Store:
A fully assembled cucumber salad is best served within the same day. The longer it sits, the more the crunchy texture of the veggies will be affected.
If you do want to prepare your salad in advance, you can assemble it fully, but leave off the dressing and oil. Store everything separately in the fridge for up to 5 days, then add the dressings just before you’re ready to serve.
More Summer Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
- Grilled Caesar Salad with Blackened Shrimp
- Sriracha Lime Grilled Chicken Salad
- Shrimp Avocado Salad
- Greek Three Bean Salad
Watch the Video:
Viral Tiktok Cucumber and Sweet Pepper Salad
- 1 large large cucumber (or 4-5 small Persian cucumbers) cubed
- 1 bag mini sweet bell peppers (roughly 12-15) sliced
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 1 batch ginger dressing homemade or store bought
- 2 teaspoons everything bagel seasoning homemade or store bought
- 1-2 teaspoons chili crunch oil to taste, more or less as desired
- Slice cucumbers, peppers, and avocados and set aside.
- Make ginger dressing and set aside.
- Assemble: Add sliced cucumbers, peppers, and avocado to a large bowl, then add in the desired amount of ginger dressing (I tend to use a batch of my homemade), everything bagel seasoning, and chili crunch oil. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preferred taste.
- Serve and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refridgerator up to 4 days.