These Gluten Free Graham Crackers are simple to prepare and made with good-for-you ingredients. They can be eaten on their own, served with a fruit salad or crushed up and used as a graham cracker crumb crust! They’re gluten-free, refined sugar free and made in 1 bowl!
Gluten Free Graham Cracker Recipe
If you are thinking that all graham crackers are created equal, then we’re here to tell you that you need to try these homemade Gluten Free Graham Crackers and you’ll know they aren’t! Homemade always beats out store-bought, but often times homemade snack recipes can feel complicated. These graham crackers are the exception! They’re made in 1 bowl, with a handful of ingredients and are a delicious and nutrient-dense alternative to store-bought. They are sweetened just right, and have a nuanced flavor thanks to the addition of flax seed and coconut sugar.
They would be a fun baking project to bake with the kids as well! And the resulting cracker can be eaten on its own, used in a dip or ground up and used as a graham cracker crust. What do you think, ready to make them?!
Tips on Making Gluten Free Graham Crackers
This dough is pretty easy to work with and roll out, but here are a few tips to make sure you are successful!
- Use a scale to measure out your baking flour to ensure accuracy!
- Make sure to blend the butter into the dough completely so that there are no visible pieces remaining. You can use cold butter or room temperature.
- Roll out to the correct thickness between 1/8″ – 1/16″. Too thin and they’ll burn and too thick and they’ll be chewy.
- Set a timer! Start checking on these starting at 15 minutes. Look for very light golden brown edges and completely dry looking crackers.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before breaking them apart.
- Let cool completely before storing. If they have any warmth to them when they are stored they could turn the crackers soft.
Recipes to Pair
While they are yummy to eat all on their own, these gluten-free crackers can be used in a few other ways as well. You can use them to dip into a sweet cookie dough dip, or paired with a sweet fruit salad. Add them to a charcuterie board for a lightly sweet component or grind them up and use as a graham cracker crust.
Tools you need
- Baking sheet (Cookie sheet or rimmed baking sheets both work)
- Rolling Pin
- Parchment Paper
- Pastry wheel or pizza cutter
- Basics: Bowl, whisk, spatula
If you like this homemade snack recipe, check out these others:
- How to Make Crunchy Chickpeas
- How to Make Marshmallows (Paleo)
- Apple Nachos & Kid-Friendly Apple Snacks
- How to Make Sweet Potato Toast
- Preheat oven to 300ºF and position an oven rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, flax, 1 tablespoons coconut sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the butter to the dry ingredients and using your hands rub the butter into the mix until it is completely combined, with no visible pieces of butter remaining. Add the beaten egg to the dough and mix together until completely combined.
- Place the ball of dough in the center of the lined baking sheet and cover with a second piece of parchment paper. Using a rolling pine, roll out the dough into a rectangle that’s approximatly ⅛” - 1/16” inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice the dough into squares. If you end up with leftover scraps of dough, gather them up and repeat steps 3 and 4.
- Sprinkle the dough with the remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Store crackers in an air tight bag or container for up to 3 days.
- Want to make a gluten-free graham cracker crust? Grind these up! Check out this post for how to put it together.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!