Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/how-to-make-a-margarita/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- 2 cups ice cubes, preferably purchased bagged ice (see notes)
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Lime slice or wedge, for garnish
- Salt for rim, optional
- Place the ice in a cocktail shaker. Add the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and lemon juice,
- Shake vigorously about 60 times (yes, 60 times!), until the shaker is cold and almost frosted.
- Pour into the margarita glass with the ice cubes. Garnish as desired and serve immediately.
- Bagged ice is essential for a quality Margarita because it dilutes the drink the correct amount, see post for more info.
- Cointreau is less sweet than triple sec and more authentic.
Loading nutrition data...