This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Instant Pot Italian Chicken and Rice is an easy-to-make dinner that the whole family will love. Made with a few simple whole ingredients and a zesty Italian flavor, this healthy dinner will soon be a family favorite. Made in partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus!
Easy Italian Chicken and Rice
Everyone needs to have a healthy and delicious dinner recipe that can be made quickly and this Instant Pot Italian Chicken and Rice is ours! This easy chicken and rice dinner requires only about 10 minutes of prep and hands on cooking time, while the rest is done easily in the Instant Pot. The rice is creamy, the chicken is perfectly cooked and it has the zesty Italian flavors we love. We’re confident in saying even the pickiest of eaters will like this one!
- Farmer Focus Chicken Breast (Boneless and Skinless Breasts)
- Long-Grain White Rice
- Onion + Garlic
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Chicken Broth
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Green Peas
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley
What Type of Rice to Use
This recipe was developed and tested for the use of long-grain white rice. This will be labeled as long-grain white rice, Jasmin rice or Basmati rice.
Using other types of rice such as brown rice or wild rice will not work here.
Don’t have an Instant Pot but Still Want to Cook it?
We love making it in the Instant Pot, but understand not everyone has one! To cook this recipe without it, follow these instructions:
- Heat a 12” heavy bottomed high-sided pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil, onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Shut off the saute function.
- To the pan add red peppers, rice, chicken broth, chicken, lemon juice, italian seasoning, salt, pepper and and mix well. Make sure the mixture is spread evenly in the pan and the veggies and chicken are pushed into the liquid as much as possible.
- Let mixture come up to a boil, then cover with a tight fitting lid, and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through.
- Shut off heat, quickly remove the cover and sprinkle ½ cup peas over the top. Close the lid and let steam for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork garnish with parsley and a sprinkle of lemon juice
Why Quality Chicken is a Must
With so few ingredients in this dish, it is incredibly important to use quality chicken. I am so happy partnering with my friends at Farmer Focus to bring you this easy Instant Pot chicken recipe! Farmer Focus has been my go-to, trusted chicken for years now, because they pride themselves in producing the highest quality meat grown on family-owned farms. You can 100% taste the difference. I love knowing that, without a doubt, when I pick up Farmer Focus chicken at the grocery store, it’s the best there is and I don’t have to question whether it was raised in a humane way.
Farmer Focus is building partnerships with farmers through their innovative Farmer Focus Business Model
Here is what I love about Farmer Focus: they are a company that supports their farmer partners and they are working hard to do things right and truly raise and produce the highest quality chicken! Every Farmer Focus product includes a 4-letter Farm ID that traces your chicken to the farm that raised it. Buying meat from Farmer Focus also gives me peace of mind that I am supporting hard-working family farmers.
Farmer Focus chickens are humanely raised and fed a diet free from animal byproducts, pesticides, and antibiotics. On their website you can see where all of the farms are located, so you know just where your chicken was raised! How awesome is that?!
You can also use their easy store locator to find where you can get this amazing quality chicken near you.
Watch the video:
If you like this whole dinner in the Instant Pot, check out these others:
- Instant Pot Southwest Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Instant Pot Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta (Gluten-Free)
For more chicken recipes, check out these:
- French Onion Chicken Bake
- Chili Garlic Chicken Satay Skewers
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Paleo Orange Chicken
INSTANT POT ITALIAN CHICKEN AND RICE
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers diced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice rinsed and drained well
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-½ lb. Farmer Focus boneless and skinless breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley for serving
- Heat oil, using the saute function in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. Once hot, add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Shut off the saute function.
- To the pot add red peppers, rice, chicken broth, chicken, lemon juice, italian seasoning, salt, pepper and and mix well. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes and when done use a quick pressure release.
- Once all the pressure has released, remove the lid from the Instant Pot and add in the frozen peas and parm cheese and mix well to combine. Place the lid back on top, and switch the valve to sealing and let the mixture steam for 2 minutes.
- Stir the rice and serve immediately with parsley.
This post is sponsored by Farmer Focus! All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
Alot of times I get a recipe for the day off your facebook page. Thank you
This recipe is SO good and SO easy! Will be adding to our weekly rotation for sure. I used sun dried tomatoes instead of red peppers and LOVED it. Thanks Lexi!!
This was delicious! I also added in some sundried tomatoes and it was perfect. So quick and easy, thank you!
I made this tonight, me and my family LOVED it! The flavors were amazing and it was so easy to put together. Definitely will be added to our regular dinner rotation. Thanks Lexi!
This was so so so good and SO easy. I will recommend this recipe to all my girlfriends who own an instant pot!
This is SO delicious! And super easy to make!! Great recipe for the whole family!!
So happy you loved it, Melissa!