This Instant Pot Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta comes together quickly in the pressure cooker and is packed with veggies, chicken, and creamy cajun flavor! It’s gluten-free and an easy weeknight cajun pasta recipe everybody will love!
Instant Pot Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Sometimes you just want some creamy, pasta comfort food! Am I right? I simply cannot get enough of this dish! We’ve tested this cajun chicken pasta recipe multiple times now to get the pasta cooked just right in the pressure cooker, and every time this recipe has been a huge hit.
It’s an easy recipe to make, and makes enough for a crowd and/or leftovers!
Just look at all that goodness! Creamy with a little kick! If you’ve been wanting to make pasta in the Instant Pot, today is your day. We use gluten-free pasta, so we’ve made sure it won’t get mushy on you, but you can use any pasta you’d like! They all may cook slightly different, do keep in mind!
Can you cook pasta in an instant pot?
How long do you cook pasta in the instant pot?
It really depends on your type of pasta! We’ve tested this gluten-free pasta multiple times to get the time right, and found the magic number here.
What is the best Cajun seasoning?
I love to make my own! My blend includes garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, and more! See below!
If you like this Instant Pot pasta recipe, try these Instant Pot favorites:
Want other gluten-free pasta dishes? Try these gluten-free pasta favorites:
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- In a bowl combine Cajun-seasoning ingredients.
- Pat chicken dry, then rub with ¾ (3 tablespoons) of the Cajun seasoning mix until fully coated, saving the rest of the seasoning for later.
- Using the saute function, add in garlic, onions, and peppers and sauté for 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add in chicken and cook for 2-4 minutes until chicken begins browns.
- Shut off the pressure cooker then add pasta and water and set on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Turn the knob to let quick release.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayo and remaining cajun seasoning.
- Add in mixture to post and toss well to combine, make sure not to overtax to avoid pasta breaking apart.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you're using regular pasta, you may need to cook for an additional 1-3 minutes.
- To make without the Instant Pot:
- Cook Pasta
- Make chicken as directed in steps 1-4 in a skillet over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Mix together mayo and remaining seasoning.
- Drain pasta and combine with mayo mixture and chicken.
Enjoy, my friends!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!