These Paleo Blueberry Muffins are bursting with lemon flavor and plump blueberries! They come together easily, are gluten-free, made with almond flour, and the perfect healthy muffin recipe for any brunch or as a snack!
Paleo Blueberry Muffins
These grain-free Paleo Lemon Blueberry Muffins are so simple, moist, and delicious. They are bursting with blueberries, with a fluffy texture and a bright lemon flavor. Nobody will know these muffins are gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo-friendly! They are so easy to make and can easily be made for a quick brunch or breakfast at home. Get the kids and they can help too!
Here’s what you need to make them:
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla extract
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Fresh blueberries
Swapping with Frozen Blueberries
It’s so nice during blueberry season to include them fresh in this muffin, but in the dead of winter, frozen blueberries can work too! To avoid turning the muffin batter blue fold the blueberries in while they’re still frozen. They might need an extra minute or two to cook in the oven, but otherwise the recipe will work the same.
Is Almond Flour Healthy?
Almond flour is a delicious and nutrient dense alternative to any other flour. It is low in carbs and high in fat which makes it a great healthy flour that you can feel great about eating.
How to Measure Almond Flour
If you have an electronic kitchen scale at home, it’s best to use it here to measure almond flour. Almond flour can be tricky to measure as it can be easily compacted, even straight from the bag. The same goes for coconut flour too since it’s such an absorbent flour. Even a small measuring error with coconut flour can impact a recipe. So we’ve included the weight in grams here. Any electronic kitchen scale can switch between grams and ounces. Since grams are more precise we’re use that. If you don’t have a scale: whisk almond flour until it’s lightened up and lightly scoop the almond flour or coconut flour into the cup measurement and level it off.
If you like this muffin recipe, check out these others:
- Cinnamon Bun Banana Muffins
- Very Berry Muffins
- Gingerbread Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Peach Cobbler Muffins
If you like this blueberry recipe, check out these others:
- 4th of July Blueberry Pie (Gluten-Free)
- Maple Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Pancake Fat Bomb
- Lemon Curd and Blueberry Compote Breakfast Parfaits
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line muffin tin with parchment liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk to combine eggs, honey, vanilla, applesauce, lemon zest and juice.
- Combine wet into dry and stir until fully incorporated. Gently fold in 1/2 blueberries.
- Using a muffin scoop or spoon, fill liners with 1/4 cup batter. Place remaining blueberries into the top of batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Recipe originally published in 2014, recipe updated in 2018 and republished with new photos in July 2019.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!