Braised Apple Cider Chicken Dinner
This Braised Apple Cider Chicken is made into a complete meal with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon. It’s the perfect one pan fall dinner recipe! Packed with vegetables and hearty autumn flavor, this dish will be the hit of any dinner, weekday or weeknight! Made in partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus.
Braised Apple Cider Chicken with Bacon and Brussels
The salty bacon, sweet apple cider sauce, brussels sprouts, and perfectly cooked fall off the bone chicken is the ultimate flavor combination for when you are craving something comforting! I love this Braised Apple Cider Chicken for an easy weeknight meal that everyone will love. It’s dairy-free, grain-free, and low-carb, made with only a few simple ingredients and made into a complete one-pan dinner.
- Bone-in Chicken Thighs or Drumsticks
- Fresh Apple Cider
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Thyme
- Dijon Mustard
- Maple Syrup
I am so excited to partner with my friends at Farmer Focus (formerly Shenandoah Valley Organic) for today’s awesome dish. Farmer Focus is a locally minded company that prides itself on producing the highest quality chicken grown on family-owned farms. This company allows you to actually see what farms your chicken is coming from, since each package you pick up at the store has a Farm ID for easy navigation on their website!
Watch the video:
Want other delicious chicken recipes? Here are some favorite:
- Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Braised Apple Cider Chicken Dinner
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 5 pieces nitrate-free bacon
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken drumsticks and or chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup leeks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, more to taste
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 bundle fresh thyme
- 2 cups fresh apple cider
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a large dutch oven, cook bacon until crispy over medium heat. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate lined with a papertowel. Pour out all but 2 teaspoons bacon fat.
- Heat the bacon fat over medium-high heat.
- Pat the chicken dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Sear chicken until brown on both sides in the dutch oven. This should take about 5 minutes per side.
- Take chicken out of the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add the leeks, garlic, a pinch of salt, a pinch of black pepper, and cinnamon. Stir well, making sure to scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of th pan. Cook until leeks are translucent.
- Add in the brussels sprouts and stir until combined. dijon mustard and thyme. Stir well.
- Pour in the apple cider and mix until everything is well combined. Make sure all of the brown bits from the bottom of the pan have been scraped up. Cover and bring the sauce to a boil. Lower the heat, and add back in the chicken. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Take the chicken, brussels sprouts, and thyme sprigs out of the pan. Set the thyme aside, and place the chicken and brussels sprouts on the desired serving dish.
- Add maple syrup to the sauce and bring to a high simmer over medium-high heat. Whisk frequently until the sauce has become thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, this should take around 5-8 minutes. Taste and adjust mustard, sea salt, and black pepper based on desired taste.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with bacon and thyme and serve warm!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 702mg
- Fat: 19.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5.6g
- Carbohydrates: 16.9
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 35.8g
- Cholesterol: 166mg
Made in partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
September 18, 2017
This website may at times receive a small affiliate commission for products that we shared with you in our posts. Although we may receive a commission for linking certain products, there’s no additional costs to you and all of our opinion and suggestions are 100% our own and unbiased. That’s our promise to you!
Subscribe to get our FREE clean eating guide!
Join our email list TODAY to start recieving our newsletter weekly, access to exclusive content and deals, *and* a FREE complete 24-page clean eating guide!